telemaster

GOOBALL JEFF

Synchromatic
Oct 1, 2019
london
Tin Pan Alley London in store perchance. I'll try not to bore you all too much with the guitar love. I hear some say the body shape isn't comfortable? the jazzmaster was literally designed around the body it seems as this is the most comfortable guitar I own. the sound and playability of this is simply, incredible! gosh that sound man. there is nothing I would change on her, I bought new tuners as these are some funky kind of locking tuner which I hated at first but seeing as this thing never goes out of tune and I mean never, the tuners stay. bought new saddles too but nothing is moving on the bridge and it's in such a sweet spot that I dare to touch it. LOOK AT THAT SLAB OF ASH! it's a 3 piece body but matched so well it's just gorgeous to behold such a slab of ash, oh and this thing is LIGHT! they really had this wood in a vault somewhere for a special day I'm sure. I am a traditionalist when it comes to guitars really, the gimmick cross over thing never appealed to me until I saw this, the tele/jazzmaster combo is something that should have always been here it's a complete winner! it's works very well in my opinion, a match made in heaven actually. guitar love waffle over. the moral of this story really is to "try before you buy" countless guitars I have bought recently and all were sent back, could this be the one? I really think so... all the best out there and keep safe. IMG_20220523_155753_588~2.jpg IMG_20220524_111234_089.jpg IMG_20220524_111304_063.jpg

Last edited:

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
That is an absolute beauty. The Jazzmaster/Telecaster hybrid is sort of an ultimate expression of Leo’s imagination from the Fender Electric Instruments era. The no nonsense simplicity of a Tele, combined with a body that was somewhat groundbreaking, for its time. Every Jazzcaster I’ve ever played has bowled me over.

As I write, I’m looking at my three Telecasters, and imagining a Jazzcaster hanging proudly next to them. Mary Kay White, Nashville style with three pickups, and wired so that the center position in the neck and bridge together, but positions 2 & 4 are the “in-between” sounds, usually restricted to Strats. An S-1 switch for series/parallel on the combined switch positions. Gold plated hardware. (If I were as rich as Tavo, it would be solid gold hardware.) :) A compound radius neck with a vintage tint satin finish and a “green guard”, which I know is not period correct, but nothing on this guitar is vintage correct.

A set of Fender Noiseless Tele pickups and a Noiseless Strat pickup in the center, and you’d have my perfect solid body. FWIW, I love to play Surf, and I prefer the sound of a Tele over any of the traditional Surf guitars.

GOOBALL JEFF

Synchromatic
Oct 1, 2019
london
That is an absolute beauty. The Jazzmaster/Telecaster hybrid is sort of an ultimate expression of Leo’s imagination from the Fender Electric Instruments era. The no nonsense simplicity of a Tele, combined with a body that was somewhat groundbreaking, for its time. Every Jazzcaster I’ve ever played has bowled me over.

As I write, I’m looking at my three Telecasters, and imagining a Jazzcaster hanging proudly next to them. Mary Kay White, Nashville style with three pickups, and wired so that the center position in the neck and bridge together, but positions 2 & 4 are the “in-between” sounds, usually restricted to Strats. An S-1 switch for series/parallel on the combined switch positions. Gold plated hardware. (If I were as rich as Tavo, it would be solid gold hardware.) :) A compound radius neck with a vintage tint satin finish and a “green guard”, which I know is not period correct, but nothing on this guitar is vintage correct.

A set of Fender Noiseless Tele pickups and a Noiseless Strat pickup in the center, and you’d have my perfect solid body. FWIW, I love to play Surf, and I prefer the sound of a Tele over any of the traditional Surf guitars.
sounds like you would build a guitar I would love the look of! the telemaster design is definitely my new favorite style now, I will be selling off a few things to start a new telemaster project of my own. the white tele in my pic is a partscaster (the best guitar I've owned until now) I'm a huge fan of white finishes with gold hardware it's just classy so a Mary kay White is a very good color choice on one of these, that would look stunning! the light ash brass saddles and staggered machine head posts are all contributing to making my guitar resonate like nothing I've played before, it's incredible...

Latest posts