Tavo reviews the G6120T-BSSMK Brian Setzer Signature Nashville® Hollow Body '59 "Smoke" w Bigsby®

Discussion in 'Guitar & Gear Reviews' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Apr 27, 2021.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    thanks for taking a look guys, I tried my hardest to whittle it down from its original 18 minutes. :) I only wished I 'd recorded it a day later when I got a hair cut. I was scheduled to see my barber but my ol' doggy died that day so I ended up w wild bush head for two more weeks.

OzzPocket, stevo, Henry and 2 others like this.
  2. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    Wow, I never knew that... I thought they were all 2.75 until Setzer's Hot Rod.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  3. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    My sincerest condolences. Few things in life are as bad as losing as pup. Many of us have been there. :(. You'll see your pup again.

4. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    Saw the great Anthony Bambino at Darryl's House Sunday. He killed it, played Smoke thru and Blond Bassman and Tavo's pedals. Even offered it to me to check out... Anthonyandus.jpg Anthonys Smoke.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Waxhead, Trash Kidd, db62 and 9 others like this.
  5. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Great review! One of the few guitars I am GASing for. Although BSSMK sounds like a confession to marketing speak. :rolleyes:

6. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Ś
    SO sorry to hear it. Ouch and yikes and I’m praying for your fam. :(

Henry and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  7. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    LUCKY!!!

LA Miles likes this.
  8. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

sorry to hear about your dog

9. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    I didn't think they could make something I wanted more than the Hot Rod or a "regular" Setzer 6120. But oh do I like this.

10. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    My sympathies on your buddy. I have one who is near that now, so I feel ya.

11. mr coffee

mr coffee Country Gent

Oct 7, 2009
    Houston
    Man, I've been telling people for years to drop Gotohs on their Electromatics. They really do make a good tuner, and their lockers are lighter and less bulky than a lot of the others. Nice review!

-m

12. AllenK

AllenK Gretschie

Great review and sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.

TV the Wired Turtle and j.s.c like this.
  13. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I appreciate you all taking time to watch it, and as well Im grateful for the sentiments about my ol' Momo! The fam decided they cant go an entire year without another giant furball friend, so we put a deposit down toward the next batch of Giant Schnauzer pups to happen in October. Hope I get one this cute, although we can only afford pet grade.
    [​IMG]

Merc, Waxhead, Stefan87 and 7 others like this.
  14. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    Best thing in the world, Tavo! I know some people suffer guilt, as if a new pup somehow is disrespectful to the old up. I vehemently disagree. The new pup will not lessen the grief of losing the old one, but it will add joy in-between the cracks of the sorrow.

The wife and I lasted 2 weeks. We finally got tired of staring at each other, sighing, with tears in our eyes, and got another. Then another (we have 2 greyhounds now).

sgarnett, DennisC, new6659 and 4 others like this.
  15. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    thats awesome, I remember how dashed you all were.. then I got to feel it. Now my Mom is feelin it as their doberman of 19yrs died last week. She got mad at me at the suggestion of rescuing another.

ruger9 likes this.
  16. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    A refreshing change from the typical guitar review. Well done Tavo!

17. OzzPocket

OzzPocket Gretschie

Aug 11, 2020
    NYS
    Great review....but, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog.

18. slickfaster

slickfaster Country Gent

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    So it’s not just smoke and mirrors.....

19. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

As a dog family over here......you did the right thing. You never forget the ones who leave you, but new ones give you another chance to love another crazy wild animal that gets into everything and poops and pees on the floor until they are potty trained and eats all kinds of weird crap that you’ve told them “NO!” to a million times that results in expensive vet visits and x-rays that cost a fortune only to have the nurse tell you “you know next time you could have just given him a spoonful of hydrogen peroxide to make him throw up and avoid the big bill......now, that’ll be $425 dollars.”.

Yep, nothing better than a hairy friend!

ruger9 and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  20. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    That’s great news. I hope October comes quick for you all! Although that should buy you enough time to puppy proof. :)

ruger9 and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.