Talk me out of a new combo amp

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Intoamartian, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Gretschzilla

Gretschzilla Gretschie

Apr 20, 2021
    Saint Paul, MN USA
    +1 for the Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb Blonde. I've had it for a few months now and it is amazing. Super versatile; of course the cleans are perfect. What I didn't expect is its performance with pedals. You can make this amp do just about anything you'd want an amp to do.

2. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Congrats on the Tone Master Deluxe Reverb Bond.
    Should be a great amp for you. Enjoy!

Intoamartian likes this.
  3. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I haven’t used an amp in years. And when I wanna play at home, it’s through amp sims and studio monitors. What is “good” is generally what you are “used to”. We all know an electric guitar plugged into a tube amp is a good sound. But there are many others as well. I can make you a recording that you wouldn’t have any idea if it was a tube amp or not. Sounds to me like you don’t need another amp tbh. Course…..I don’t need another guitar. But I keep buying them. LOL

Intoamartian and Craig Encinitas like this.
  4. garagegods

garagegods Electromatic

Sep 30, 2021
    Los Angeles
    I bought my daughter one of those excellent amp! i wanted her to learn how to dial in her own sound on a good old fashioned tube combo rather than a digital amp with presets

NowEarThis and Intoamartian like this.
  5. garagegods

garagegods Electromatic

Sep 30, 2021
    Los Angeles
    I had a black face Princeton loved that thing got it used for $150 at norms rare guitars before he became greedy! sold it on ebay for $800 should have kept it!

Henry, MrWookiee and new6659 like this.
  6. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I still wonder how deep the rabbit hole really is. I can't seem to find the bottom. I don't imagine you have a visual on it yet?

garagegods likes this.
  7. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Oh the irony in this post. :rolleyes::oops:

8. garagegods

garagegods Electromatic

Sep 30, 2021
    Los Angeles
    I can relate, I do mostly recording at home and the plug ins are amazing, I'm mostly a bass player and just got the Ampeg SVT and its sounds perfect. I used to mic up amps use a DI just too lazy anymore and the isolation problems and ground hum or buzzing not worth the trouble.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.