Sympathies to Nashville

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Dec 26, 2020.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    My sympathies to the people of Nashville. 2020 keeps getting sadder and sadder.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  2. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    What craziness! The police "think it was deliberate". A simple truck explosion, even with a propane cylinder, doesn't do that kind of damage. Some lunatic fringe group will eventually claim responsibility for some perceived slight. Supposedly there were "human remains' found there.

Back in Black likes this.
  3. slickfaster

slickfaster Country Gent

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    Least no one got hurt..maybe the culprit??
    How close was Gibson factory??

gjohnson441496 likes this.
  4. OleDangy

OleDangy Gretschie

Oct 23, 2020
    JC Tennessee
    It's no fun. Even if 99% of people are normal and rational, that 1% can and will ruin everything they can.

Jeff67, 5120mantis and mrfixitmi like this.
  5. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Gretschie

Jan 2, 2018
    USA
    Not close at all. I think the original Nashville factory is downtown. I've been here for 25 years and have never seen it open. It's off the expressway but the blast didn't reach that far.

slickfaster likes this.
  6. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Gretschie

Jan 2, 2018
    USA
    Thing is local operations will be affected and with the pandemic how much worse can it get. They were already struggling.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  7. GHook

GHook Gretschie

Sep 3, 2010
    wnc
    I suspect it will turn out to be a suicide with a huge exclamation point. I just don't see hardened terrorists giving warning and commiting this really horrible act at a time when the streets are mostly clear. Nashville has had a rough year. We all have actually.

Groutsch and mrfixitmi like this.
  8. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    Our prayers go out to the wonderful people of Nashville. In today's times no one needs or deserves another worry bead on their chains.

9. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’ve read that there was an audio recorded warning that it was going to blow in 15 minutes.

I wouldn’t count on a suicide just yet. Someone is obviously trying to make a statement. Let’s hope there’s not more of the same ahead if they’re still alive. And that there’s no copy cats too. There’s a lot of nutters out there right now.

Henry likes this.
  10. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Considering that there were prerecorded sounds of gunfire and a 15 minute count down telling people to evacuate emanating from the truck for about 20 minutes before the explosion, and it also structurally damaged several buildings, it was clearly an intentional bomb. What they intended is another question.

11. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    My guess is a suicide or they were animal remains.

12. RatRod Gentleman

RatRod Gentleman Electromatic

Sep 28, 2020
    Brisbane, Australia
    Praying for those in Nashville. May even more strength and resilience be dredged from your seemingly endless character and resolve.

13. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Very sad indeed

14. johnny g

johnny g Country Gent

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    The good side, if can call it good, that our police in Nashville did an great job of helping limit the number of folks that were hurt. My God bless them.

gjohnson441496 and Jeff67 like this.
  15. Back in Black

Back in Black Country Gent

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Sympathies and respect to the wonderful folks in Nashville.

One of the best vacations we ever had. One noon hour we dined downtown at Honey's Barbecue, we were late, it was almost 1 PM, two over-filled plates, two drinks $20. when we finished, the chef came by our table and said, it's cleanup time at the grill, let me fill your plates again ''on the house''...I gave him a generous tip for our next round of drinks...

Music will be invaluable in the healing process.

BIB.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Jeff67 and wabash slim like this.
  16. Groutsch

Groutsch Synchromatic

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    Such an awesome town. Last time I was there, I stayed at a nice hotel a block up the street from the explosion site. That area relies heavily on tourism and nightlife so it had enough challenges before this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.