Summer NAMM 2020

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Merc, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I know it’s a few months away. Seeing how sports and other gatherings seem’s to be getting cancelled... I wonder if it’s all going to get pushed back to Winter NAMM. I’ve noticed the Summer show usually is small stuff with Gretsch like a new color or two. You all suppose they’ll just do it online instead or not at all?

2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I always wish there would be a NAMM Show in New York City , along with the one in California also . Big shows like that are often at the Jacobs Javits Center in NYC ( like the Car Shows , Boat Show , ComicCon , Bike Show , and the like ) Starting this Monday , the Javits Center is turning into a temporary hospital

Tadhg and Merc like this.
  3. Robbie

Robbie Friend of Fred

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Right now I wouldn’t count on it. Hope I’m wrong.

TSims1, thunder58 and Merc like this.
  4. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    No way.
    It would be grossly negligent to risk infections and deaths for something like a trade-show.
    I fear that this situation will not get better all too soon.
    They say that 67% of the population have to be infected to reach something like a herd-immunity.
    If 67% of the population would get ill until winter and only 5% of them would need intensive care treatment the healthsystem would collapse completely and there would be millions of deaths.
    So let`s hope for a winter NAMM 2021.

Merc, dak55, Henry and 1 other person like this.
  5. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I thought of you last week when my brother was telling how bad it was there. Be safe my friend.

thunder58 likes this.
  6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’m guessing it won’t happen. But I’m a bit curious if it’ll be online at the Gretsch site or just not at all. I had planned on maybe a 5220 or 6228 this year. A few nice colors options would be nice to order from the safety of our home this year and certainly make the holiday a bit more exciting.

Robbie likes this.
  7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I was kind of more asking if you all thought or heard if it would all be released online or simply pushed back a year or two as thing saga continues. Surely orders have been placed at factories and at some point they’ll all start producing again.

The latest I’ve heard in the ever changing thing is expect no vaccine for 12-18 months minimum at best. So seasonal infections will be regular in waves until either the vaccine is made, or 60-80% of the population has had it. I hope it’s not like the flu where It sticks around after mutating into different strains.

loudnlousy likes this.
  8. LongJohn

LongJohn Synchromatic

Apr 22, 2016
    Queens, NY
    Just read this morning that the president has signed authorization for calling up reserve medical troops, I don't see Summer NAMM happening this year.

Merc likes this.
  9. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Thanks Merc , and you too

Merc likes this.
  10. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

If the NAMM flu wasn’t enough, imagine what havoc the corona virus would cause!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice