Suggestions for strap for Cadillac Green ...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by oneforsorrow, Aug 3, 2020.

1. afire

afire Country Gent

IMO, you can't go wrong with a vintage style strap. They're all I've ever used. I would say black to compliment the headstock and ebony board.
    [​IMG]
    Having the same concern, I once ordered a custom vintage style strap. I measured my standard length and had the maker just make the strap one piece, non-adjustable, no buckle. I used Medina, but I'm sure any custom strap maker could oblige. It was only $40 from Medina, but that was 10 years ago.

oneforsorrow, Telechamp and MTurner like this.
  2. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Cognac/dark brown to go with the green. Brass buckle for bonus points.

3. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Agreed. There is a distinct difference between matching colors and complimentary colors. Complimentary colors can be more aesthetically effective than matching colors if done correctly.

oneforsorrow and Ricochet like this.
  4. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    oneforsorrow likes this.
  5. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Gretschie

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
    I've looked at some without the buckles too. And I like the style (see photo below)

Agreed as well.

Absolutely. I used to be a merchandiser in my old life. Plus, it'd be awfully hard to find that green.

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't seen the ability to customize them like that. May look further into it.

This is the one I'm currently using. It looks great with it as far as I'm concerned but I worry about the buckle banging into it when I put it on and take it off. Form vs function I suppose.

IMG_2325.JPG

tolm likes this.
  6. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    That's really nice. I have a similar one that I use from time to time (El Dorado) but with less fancy buckle.

https://eldoradostraps.com/product/...aps/vintage-plain-model-leather-guitar-strap/

oneforsorrow likes this.
  7. tolm

tolm Gretschie

Jan 25, 2016
    UK
    oneforsorrow likes this.
  8. Tadhg

Tadhg Gretschie

Aug 8, 2019
    Qld - Australia
    Taipan?! Wow......

I'm boring. I went black suede to go with my Cadillac Green junior. Looks great though. Didn't want to detract from the guitar itself. Or have a clash with what I might wear (though that'd be a surprise, given it's often black, or at least dark).

oneforsorrow likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.