Strymon Nightsky

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Bertotti, Sep 20, 2020.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    How many other emulation pedals do you know of that are using 4th generation Analog Devices' 32-Bit Floating-Point SHARC® Processors, based on a Super Harvard architecture. ? Also designed and built in California, baby!!! Next level stuff that apes like me will never reach.

[​IMG]

2. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Its here, good lord there are so many knobs.. I loooooove the knobs n switches!!! I loooove reverbz n echoezzz

B6E334C0-9E43-4CE5-9D4E-4FAAEE38FD74.jpeg

sgarnett, Shadowy_Man and gtttrrr like this.
  3. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Yeah my $1500 Fulltone Tape echo has that problem too...:D.

4. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Not just pedals but sharc is used a lot in all kinds of industries.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    audept likes this.
  5. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    SHARC processors are used in most of our high-end digital audio mixing consoles. They are acknowledged industry standard for high quality processors.

6. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Yep, really wish my ElCap had small LED clock dial for the secondary features.

Bertotti likes this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    And not just the music industry. I would have to dig but I think they were in some military systems and gaming and well the list is quite long. Should be a fairly common item to get in these days.

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Srellim1 likes this.
  9. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I see this as a comeback to the Source Audio Collider which I have thought of a few times.

anyone with a SA collider have any thoughts on that?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  10. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I've posted a quick instagram vids with it..
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFiSc0GHtfp/

[​IMG]

havent had any time to do much more w the 2 jobs taking all my time as we continue to work toward building a broadcast and recording studio at church (place is empty, no one is allowed to go there 'cept us church musician rats that stream online). I still havent even touched my Two Note Cab M+ ..that said in the short moments of fiddling I am totally blown the hellllllo away by what it does. Nothing else like it with the filters, the octave ups and down, oscillations, dirt and eq. I literally feel like I could redo the background soundtrack for the gumby cartoons when he went to the moon. fwiw..I would get the craziest fever dreams as a kid from Gumby's LSD space shows. :)

Bertotti and audept like this.
  11. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I remember some bad fevers but no fever dreams! Nor did Gumby trigger odd dreams. No mine was always the slo-mo being chased by Frankenstein, a recurring dream. I got over that when I got a little older and got my first pocket knife. Franky didn't have a chance in that dream!

I'm still looking forward to your review once you really dig in. I was considering this but I have since decided I will purse a C4. Just triggers ideas for me. But I am not ruling one of these out in the future sadly the C4 will be an in the future purchase as well.

12. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
    Seems like it will be really cool for ambient soundscape stuff!

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  13. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    pretty much its every ambient soundscape effect in a box along w a full sequencer

Shadowy_Man likes this.
  14. Srellim1

Srellim1 Synchromatic

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    To circle back, I’d like to confirm (especially for low octave soundscapes) this thing is awesome.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.