Strymon El Cap stereo issues

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by gtttrrr, Aug 2, 2021.

1. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Thanks, appreciate all the help, grateful to the group as always, and that these are the biggest problems i have at the moment :D:cool:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    rockinforJesus likes this.
  2. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

I remember needing to pull a mono 1/4 plug about 1/4" out of the (trs) jack in order to get a stereo pedal to work properly. Give that a try.

gtttrrr likes this.
  3. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    3A58F793-DBDB-4877-951F-84675B8ACB26.jpeg So, someone hep me to this; where does a “stero in” begin? Unless your guitar has two outs, I’m not getting it. I mean, i could run TRS from the Carona chorus into the ElCap with TRS, but it is ultimately receiving mono in? I could go even a step further, and run the Vortex stereo out —to Carona stereo in— to Carona stero out—to ElCap TRS stero in.. but its always goin back to a mono in somewhere no? And to what benefit? I’ guess I’m not wrapping my head around it, prob should just “shaddup and play yer guitar!” ? :D:cool:

4. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

I've had to make similar compromises. If I understand correctly, the el Cap has a mono only input (despite being a trs jack). In that case, the el Cap goes where the Vortex is, becoming the first pedal with stereo outputs.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.