Strings....Strings and more...........

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Phat Vinny, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Phat Vinny

Phat Vinny Electromatic

Apr 12, 2011
    Chandler, AZ
    I am new here and did a search for strings and didn't find what I was looking for.

I have a 6120SSLVO and a 5122 that I play. They are nice sounding great feeling guitars.

I have tried several brands of strings. I have finally found one that I like. Dr. Duck's in the Light Fat set (.011's) seem to fit my playing style. Great sounding, low price, long lasting and easy playing are some of the qualities I like from them. They aren't the brightest but have a more, for lack of a better term, ballsie sound.

Are there any other memebers that have used these strings? Have you tried others that you like better?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
  3. D. Spree

D. Spree Synchromatic

Sep 10, 2010
    new york city
    I really liked the gretsch strings even though they were 2x the cost of many others. Now they appear to be discontinued - my stash will last about a year, what then?

4. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    Like I said I use
    webstring.com, they are a good string. You could go to the jams and try to win a kit of 10 packs. :D

5. D. Spree

D. Spree Synchromatic

Sep 10, 2010
    new york city
    String is a thing

"String is a thing
    Rope is thicker
    But string is quicker
    The reason for this may seem obscure
    That's why the higher the fewer"

Spike Milligan

6. D. Spree

D. Spree Synchromatic

Sep 10, 2010
    new york city
    Jukebox,
    Thanks for the tip - checked out their site and currently they are out of 11-50s but I will check back with them. They are inexpensive.

7. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    I'm a D'Addario gal normally, but I prefer putting Gretsch strings on my Jets :)
    They're a little slinkier, they sound great & they last well..

8. the_undecided_one

the_undecided_one Electromatic

Mar 4, 2010
    Sandpoint, ID
    can I throw in a vote for rotosounds? That's all I'll ever use for basses, unless I find something that sounds better!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.