Stringed Instruments Craftsman magazine

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by Bertotti, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    FYI one of the contributors and Chris Pile compiled all of the mags into a group of PDFs and you can get a copy for free. Chris wants the info to get out. No ads just luthiers info tips, tricks, techniques. I know he had a hard copy but send him a thumb drive and he will load the pdf on it and return it. FYI let me know if your interested or go the the mandolin cafe he has a post in their builders forum. FYI it’s a great read for free over 200 pages.

2. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Imo someone should just post the files on a data site that anyone can access and download, unless they are trying to control distribution.

drmilktruck likes this.
  3. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I have no control over that. I don’t think they would be adverse to it but I would have to ask and I would have no idea where to put them.

I also found out Dick Boak did the mastering of them photoshopping the pages to make them better and clean them up.

4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    That seems far easier for everyone than having one guy do all the work, if you really want it widely available. Or is there some copyright issue? Does GuitarPlayer (or a successor company) actually own the rights? ASIA could release them too.

5. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    As I understand it the board has to discuss it but that is a possibility. Honestly I can’t imagine they won’t but you never know.

6. mr coffee

mr coffee Country Gent

Oct 7, 2009
    Houston
    Signed up for that board so I can DM him. Could be some pretty cool info in there.

-m

Bertotti likes this.
  7. mr coffee

mr coffee Country Gent

Oct 7, 2009
    Houston
    DMed him and he's sending me the files - I've got a mailbox on one of my domains that has no quota so that's cool. I'll see if I can host them on a subfolder somewhere, at least for a little while, so if anybody wants them you can just hit the link. I'll try to get that taken care of at some point this weekend.

-m

drmilktruck and Bertotti like this.
  8. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    They are a cool read. If you’ve been working on instruments for awhile some will be known but I have seen a lot I never thought of.

mr coffee likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.