Stoked for my first Pro series!! G6118T

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by J.Banning, Jun 8, 2013.

1. J.Banning

J.Banning Gretschie

Feb 15, 2013
    Lodi California USA
    Thanks Tony! That track sounds amazing!! You and Larry are making me even more impatient to get my hands on this baby! Unfortunately I think it will be a week of waiting for UPS Ground to deliver from East Coast all the way to California! I did just find out that the guitar I bought is a 2013 model which makes this buy even more crazy good!

2. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Jason, after you've had it for six months you'll be wondering what kind of silly person would ever sell one. Seriously, do the little mods. Raise the pickups, stainless Compton and you'll be in guitar heaven. There is a holistic goodness about these instruments, almost an achievement of perfection. You'll love it, although when you get it, it might need a bit of setting up but I know you can do that well.

The only deficiency I have ever experienced in my 2008 Anni is that the side fret markers are small and dim and on a dark stage, they vanish. I took 1/8" white automotive pinstriping and cut little pieces about 1/2" long and stuck 'em to the top edge of the fretboard. Looks like sh*t but it works. I can feel them too but hey... one day I'll take her into Jesse and get him to put some real fret markers there that my old eyes can see.

3. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Is there any better sound or sight than the rumble of a UPS or FEDEX truck pulling in front of your house with that new guitar?

4. MMike

MMike Gretschie

Nov 3, 2011
    Holland Mich
  5. wizard_23

wizard_23 Gretschie

Jul 18, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Awesome guitar, love mine. Smokin' hot price too!

I really like the stock filters. I have TV Classics in another Gretsch and I wouldn't say they're better or worse, but they are different. The stock filters certainly hold their own.

6. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Congratulations on your first pro-line. Enjoy, enjoy!!

7. caljoe

caljoe Gretschie

Apr 26, 2013
    socal
    Congrats JB yeah the wait sucks.

Thanks for that MMike, nice playing too.

8. MMike

MMike Gretschie

Nov 3, 2011
    Holland Mich
    Thanks caljoe

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.