Stoked for my first Pro series!! G6118T

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by J.Banning, Jun 8, 2013.

1. J.Banning

J.Banning Gretschie

Feb 15, 2013
    Lodi California USA
    I'm so stoked right now.... I just snagged my first pro series guitar from Rocky Street Sounds on ebay and got a killer deal!

I've been wanting an Annie for a long time. The gas got worse after recently watching the movie "Not Fade Away", but it also helped get my wife onboard... she said "oooH- thats a pretty guitar" when she saw it on the movie.

I had been "watching" this Annie G6118T for a while.. and just did my usual search to find it marked down 15%... my Wife for the first time ever said go for it so I jumped on it! Now I have to impatiently wait!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290926037690?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

2. fender62custom

fender62custom Gretschified

Mar 3, 2012
    Helidon, Australia
    Mr Banning!!!! huge congrats!!! they are super sexy & by all accounts; great playing guitars!!!!! enjoy!!!!

3. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    A second congrats for you J. Banning. The double green Anni is the best guitar ever made. Ask me, I know. Everyone who sees or hears my Anni wants her. Really, it's true!!!

PS: Great price too!

4. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    VERY nice, Mr. B! We need confirmation pics when it lands!

5. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I am so jealous. I have had Annie Envy for a long time. Here I am with a Falcon, but somehow still yearn for an Annie. Congrats and play the heck out of that beauty!!

6. Gretschist

Gretschist Gretschie

May 20, 2013
    Cologne, Germany
    Congrats! The Annies are great axes, especially the green one from 1958. Best ever! Some day I´ll get one of these....
    Best, Al

7. NewStrings

NewStrings Electromatic

And "stoked" you should be my friend, that is one very FINE guitar! Congrats on snagging a real gem!!

NewStrings

8. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    Well ya. The Anni is as different from the Falcon as chalk and cheese and is as raw and sassy as the Falcon is sexy and sophisticated. Different birds but both great.

J.Banning, if you have the coin, drop a chambered stainless Compton on her, get the pickups right up to the strings and hang on. It's Filter'tron heaven.

9. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I am a raw and sassy guy. I NEED AN ANNIE!!!!!!

10. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    Unless your gig is Marvelous Marvin Mellow all guitar players need an Annie. Heck, it'll even do MMM better than most. But mostly, they rip!!!

11. MMike

MMike Gretschie

Nov 3, 2011
    Holland Mich
    Best guitar I own.

Attached Files:

12. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Do you like the Annie better than the Falcon?

13. MMike

MMike Gretschie

Nov 3, 2011
    Holland Mich
    :) I don't have a Falcon, but I do have a lot of guitars.

14. J.Banning

J.Banning Gretschie

Feb 15, 2013
    Lodi California USA
    Thanks guys! I'm really excited about getting this guitar! I'm more than likely going to be putting on a Compton bridge. I put one on my 5120 and love it! I may also be putting in some Tv Jones Classics too... But then again I may keep the stock Gretsch Filters because I all ready have the Tv Jones in my 5120- we'll see!

And Larry, I still have Falcon envy!! The Falcon will def be my next Gretsch!

15. I plan to make the Annie my next guitar. And I agree. I would keep the filters on as I already have a guitar with TVJs.

Enjoy.

16. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Well Jason, I guess we are both very fortunate/blessed to have such amazing guitars. I hope you truly enjoy that beaut. The Annie will be my next Gretsch as well.

17. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    Jason, KEEP THE FILTERS!!! Run them close to the strings, turn up the amp, hang on baby.

18. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
  19. Woody94

Woody94 Electromatic

May 7, 2012
    Holly, Mi
    Congrats! Nice score, she is a beauty.

20. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.