Started my pedal collection......

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
Congrats and great choices on both. When/if you're looking for a reverb unit, take a look at the Silver Late by Seymour Duncan. It is a great pedal but I got the Ventris by Source Audio in the end.

Great start indeed and happy playing!!!

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Cool! I like the SD take on the TS, 805 Overdrive, it has B,M,T mini eq knobs so you can adjust the hump as you like, and lots of boost on tap.

tmcq65

Gretschie
Nov 10, 2021
Pennsylvania
I have the RC-1 Looper along with a home-made version of their FS-7 addon. This pedal has been indispensable for learning solos. I can enter in the chords for the exact set of measures I want to loop through - and at every increment of tempo. Much better than a backing track for learning.

Midlifecrisis71

Gretschie
Nov 26, 2021
Exeter, U.K
I have the RC-1 Looper along with a home-made version of their FS-7 addon. This pedal has been indispensable for learning solos. I can enter in the chords for the exact set of measures I want to loop through - and at every increment of tempo. Much better than a backing track for learning.
I like it as I'm just starting out so I just play a riff from a song on the loop, then another over the top and then just noodle about with the few power chords I know. Some of the drum beats aren't bad when used in the rhythm.

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
I like it as I'm just starting out so I just play a riff from a song on the loop, then another over the top and then just noodle about with the few power chords I know. Some of the drum beats aren't bad when used in the rhythm.

A looper at the end of your pedal chain allows you to play a clean loop, then hit OD pedals etc for leads with different effects.

A looper at the beginning of your loop helps you play a set of chords and riffs, then make adjustments to the other pedals and your amp to test out the knobs, so you don't have to play and turn knobs at the same time.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get a looper to work when I swap out different pickups in the guitar!

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Congrats and great choices on both. When/if you're looking for a reverb unit, take a look at the Silver Late by Seymour Duncan. It is a great pedal but I got the Ventris by Source Audio in the end.

Great start indeed and happy playing!!!

You really can’t go wrong with Source Audio they have great pedals.

Loopers are my bane. I need to use mine more for practice. I have the RC2 so a mono pedal but the drum loops can be fun. I just always struggle with loopers though. Timing is part of it and the clickology never seems to work out for me.

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
You really can’t go wrong with Source Audio they have great pedals.

Loopers are my bane. I need to use mine more for practice. I have the RC2 so a mono pedal but the drum loops can be fun. I just always struggle with loopers though. Timing is part of it and the clickology never seems to work out for me.
I think of Loopers as the more one uses them, the "more friendly" they are to use. I'm like you though in that they are a great tool to practice with and used a Vox looper, bought 10 years, a bit but usage frequency trailed off a great bit and now find it cumbersome. I got the Ditto Plus and find it much "friendlier" but need to watch more videos of Anderton's Danish Pete who is a looper fanatic.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
I think of Loopers as the more one uses them, the "more friendly" they are to use. I'm like you though in that they are a great tool to practice with and used a Vox looper, bought 10 years, a bit but usage frequency trailed off a great bit and now find it cumbersome. I got the Ditto Plus and find it much "friendlier" but need to watch more videos of Anderton's Danish Pete who is a looper fanatic.
I’ve done OK with my RC-3, but I don’t use it often enough to truly be proficient with it. It’s an amazing tool, when properly used.

Waxhead

Friend of Fred
Aug 30, 2014
Australia

yeah Ditto is x10 easier to use than RC-3 and sounds better imo.
Flashback 2 delay pedal has a 40 sec Ditto included also which is plenty long enough to compose a good loop :)

Latest posts