Some corvette III owners there?

Leobeat

Gretschie
Mar 2, 2010
Argentina
I want to hear opinions about the new Corvette III, are here some owners or somebody has tested one of this?, what do you think about it?. Somebody thinking about a pickups combination mod?...Sounds practical and simple think about the stock 3 pickups, 3 posibilities setup, but maybe some limitating (compared to a strat type combination, for example). I like the sound, still,.. Compared with new pro jet and double jet (See my second posted video in):
Code:
[URL="http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/new-member-intros/62684-second-gretsch-maybe-not-last-one.html"]http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/new-member-intros/62684-second-gretsch-maybe-not-last-one.html[/URL]
vette III sounds more thin, trebley, chimey? (well, no chambered body, of course) an more hi-gain sounding pups too, IMHO...

Leobeat

Gretschie
Mar 2, 2010
Argentina
Did you buy one Leo?
I´m not a Gretsch owner yet (unfortunately, plus lefty player :( ), I´m still trying to agree with a friend of mine (living in Miami, FL) to get a lefty G5435 for me (not available in Agentina, or maybe by demand but a lot of extra $$$$ charge). So I´m thinking about "B" plans, like a (more $ accesible and available here) G5105 and adapting it to lefty (with my good woodworking skills, ha!).

The Marlin

Friend of Fred
Feb 2, 2011
London...ish
I'd get the standard two pickups Corvette if possible, they're stunning guitars, and a good used buy. I'm not keen on the three pickup bolt neck Corvette.

Marlin

Leobeat

Gretschie
Mar 2, 2010
Argentina
I'd get the standard two pickups Corvette if possible, they're stunning guitars, and a good used buy. I'm not keen on the three pickup bolt neck Corvette.

Marlin

I agree with you and thinking about that too, but, in my contry the two pickups vette are around u$s 1200 (used) and 1500 (new)!! VS u$s 1000 (CVT III new). Not a lot of difference, but...
I agree with you about the bolt on neck too, I tend to think in set necks when I talk about gretsch (maybe I only love strats and teles, in matter of bolt on necks! :) )

daan

Gretschie
Oct 4, 2012
New Richmond, WI
I love,love,love my Vette. Even though mine was pretty thrashed when I got it, (and only has one pickup) it's my favorite guitar. No matter which kind of Vette you end up with I think you're gonna like it.
As far as bolt-on Vs. Set-neck, I have a Strat copy that was made neck-thru. I can't tell any difference in sound between that and my normal strat, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.