Sold a bunch of guitars - now unsure what to do

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by amp360, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Highroller

Highroller Country Gent

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Enjoy the ES355, Amp!

I can't help but notice that after 5 pages of suggestions, you wound up buying exactly what you said you would in your very first post.

Proof of that old saying "you never convince anybody of anything on the internet!" LoL!

Gold Penguin and amp360 like this.
  2. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Well, I thought I would get a 345 but the deal I got on this 355 was too good to pass up and it was exactly the year I wanted. Plus the neck was a lot better than I expected it to be and it's mono, which removes the weight of the varitone and having to take a pickup apart to convert it to mono.

I think the one thing I learned is that if you go to guitar shows these days be there when they open and be ready to make a deal. I saw a lot get sold and by the end of day 2 (almost) everything I was seriously interested in was gone.

I should get this on Wednesday. I'll post a pic when I do.

Gold Penguin and sgarnett like this.
  3. Gold Penguin

Gold Penguin Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    Long Island, New York
    I have a friend who has a Yamaha 3000. Which is basically a 335.
    I have a Gibson Made in Memphis 1959 Historic fat neck 335 and I have to say his Yamaha 3000 is in the same league as my historic 335.
    They're both great playing and sounding guitars.
    I played a made in China Gretsch the other day and it was a good playing guitar. If i had a little fret work done and a set of TV Jones Filtertrons put on the guitar I'd use it on a gig.

4. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Finally got it delivered! The original pickup covers were in the case so I have to probably get those on at some point but all in all very cool!

I'm not usually one to weigh my guitars but it seemed really light. 8.1lbs. Not sure if that's heavy or light for one of these. 155.jpg 255.jpg

5. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    What a lovely pair!:cool:

amp360 likes this.
  6. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Thanbks man! I appreciate it!

7. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    I actually found this 1986 pre factory San Dimas Jackson Soloist for $600 a while back. I don’t play it much but when you need that sound it’s a beautiful sounding and playing guitar. 9BD406E7-5A42-4520-BA36-7AB137EB74AC.jpeg

mr coffee likes this.
  8. sgarnett

sgarnett Synchromatic

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    Gorgeous!

It’s been a while since I weighed my 355 Lucille, but I know it was over 10 pounds.

amp360 likes this.
  9. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Those are really cool. If it had a regular headstock I probably would have already bought one haha

sgarnett likes this.
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I would play the ones I have with the various amps I have and think about what I would like next and if that failed what tone I didn't have that I would like, barring any of those I would just dream about it until I knew what I wanted.

On second thought I didn't see a mandolin or Drum kit in those pictures anywhere! I think you should fix that first. ;)

11. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    I have an old Gretsch kit and a Gibson mando

Bertotti likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.