Sold a bunch of guitars - now unsure what to do

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by amp360, Apr 24, 2021.

1. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Just sit on yer $ and wait for life to happen. An opportunity to spend your $ will arise sooner or later. Always does. Lol

I’ve really gotten into this taking each day at a time thing......literally never worrying about tomorrow or yesterday, and just squeezing each little drop out of every 24 hour cycle.

ooglybong, nickurso, Ricochet and 8 others like this.
  2. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    St Judes monthly here too, no greater cause IMHO, Tavo has done some charity buys for them, got a Great T-shirt outta the deal! I’m of the opinion of go to the show- something will speak to you... got a buddy who sold his whole stable after playing fan-frets, he has all FF in his stable now... have not played them, but he swears theyre the bees knees... and yes, keep us up to date with pics when you drop a new one! If I drop by, you would have to listen to a medicore player for days before I would leave that room:D:D:cool:

amp360 and Archtops like this.
  3. Marko60

Marko60 Gretschie

Mar 26, 2021
    Yorkshire, England
    I always say, if you don't know what to do, don't do anything!

doc538 and Runamok like this.
  4. mr coffee

mr coffee Country Gent

Oct 7, 2009
    Houston
    I've only had hands on one multiscale, that was an Ibby with the parallel fret at the 12th and although I would prefer something like parallel at the 7th for better playability on the lower frets, it was cool enough to make me think that any future 7 or 8 strings for me will be multiscale. Not sure how much 6 strings really benefit from them, it's when you're trying to balance tension between a .010 high E and a .060 low B or .080 low F# that they really shine.

-m

5. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    I've got a question for ya - how many electric guitar do you have now?

Asking cos the number is the critical Q for me.
    I'm semi-retired from work now but still can't play more than 5 electrics often enough to justify owning a 6th.
    For me any more than 5 and several won't get played for 3-6 months and then when you pick up a lonely neglected guitar again it needs new strings.

I'm not a collector and have limited space like you.
    So I have 5 very different electrics that all sound very different
    I'd like a 335 too but cannot justify spending big $$ on something I really don't need.
    Where do stand on this issue :cool:

Chet Harrison likes this.
  6. fender62custom

fender62custom Gretschified

Mar 3, 2012
    Helidon, Australia
    A great place to be... a win win for you to have $$$ freed up & new happy owners... 2 beaut guitars would be wonderful to purchase that you could cherish & enjoy playing.... you'll know when the right guitar comes up .... one thing is certain.... the GAS will build to such an extent that you will be blessing us with a NGD Thread; so we can celebrate with you.... all the best with your hunt. :)

7. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    congrats on the recent sales, if it was me id go for one big bucket list/want guitar but would wait for the roght one to come.

amp360 likes this.
  8. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Well, I have a bunch less than I used to. I maybe have 20 or 30. This would include acoustics as well as specialty things like lap steel, Dobro, Baritone, etc... I guess I would have to make a list.

9. dmunson

dmunson Gretschie

Dec 19, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    1. Put the money in a interest earning account.
    2. Turn off your computer.
    3. Think about how nice it is to have some money put away.

10. Glaw

Glaw Gretschie

Aug 30, 2017
    ca.
    Martin82 has a pretty sweet looking 6120 dsw that’s posted on the forum and only $1900. That could keep you going for awhile.

11. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Well if you've got 20 now you've already got 15 too many imo o_O:p

Robbie likes this.
  12. mr coffee

mr coffee Country Gent

Oct 7, 2009
    Houston
    It's like a game of Go Fish...

Got any Martins?

-m

Runamok and Archtops like this.
  13. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Yes. I have a 1959 00-21 with the 12 fret neck, slotted headstock and Brazilian back and sides and a 2000-something D-41. Also have a few Gibsons (62 J-45, Custom Shop Everly Brothers and a 90s Gospel) and a Guild D-55 from back when it was a custom order in the 70s.

I already have money put away, etc.... Like I said, this money is from some things I sold and I would like to re-invest into my collection to keep the money there.

[​IMG]

Here's my Rickenbackers. I have a GMP 12 string so I don't need a Rickenbacker one:

[​IMG]

And here's my headstock repaired Burst (I also have an oversprayed one with no repair)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    I already have an old 6120. I'm not that into the new ones but I'm sure it's a sweet axe! Thanks!

15. mr coffee

mr coffee Country Gent

Oct 7, 2009
    Houston
    Bruh...we need to talk. Are those....Pultecs?

-m

16. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    No they’re the warm ones. I sold them, they’re awful.

mr coffee likes this.
  17. mr coffee

mr coffee Country Gent

Oct 7, 2009
    Houston
    I think I have a crush on your studio.

-m

Runamok, amp360 and Waxhead like this.
  18. I’d sell a Gretsch Alligator for $5k if its the price range you are basing it on. :D

19. They make interest-earning accounts any more?

doc538 likes this.
  20. Robbie

Robbie Friend of Fred

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    You sound like you’ve got it together and I’ll bet you’ll know exactly what to do when the opportunity presents itself which would be my only suggestion....don’t press, when the right thing comes along you’ll recognize it.

G5422T and amp360 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.