So my DeArmond guitar is now in my possession.

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Roy Clark, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Mr Swisher

Mr Swisher Synchromatic

Jun 12, 2012
    England
    Stunning guitar!

Roy Clark likes this.
  2. BobbyMac

BobbyMac Electromatic

Mar 13, 2016
    Texas Panhandle
    I'm pretty sure those knobs are original, unless it came with the identical but clear DeArmond knobs, which were standard on some of the DeArmond finishes. The "D" in the center of the knob denotes genuine DeArmond parts.

Nice guitar! I owned 10 DeArmonds at one time, all are gone now.

maloburro and Roy Clark like this.
  3. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    They do not make pickguards for it any more. I read people had to make their own? Where can I buy one. Thanks for liking my guitar.

maloburro and Jeff67 like this.
  4. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    I love mine and play it almost every day. I want the red one also. Mine is black with the DeArmond silverfoils pickups in it. The Seymore Duncan's is in the red one I found. And I love it too. I need to get it because I love both and both sound different. The red sounds like a Gretsch.

jfassett likes this.
  5. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    Mine are after market knobs. And look like something I have not see before. I tried to take pictures but my camera would not take a good picture. They were so dark. You could not see anything. And they are not in any pictures I've seen online.

6. BobbyMac

BobbyMac Electromatic

Mar 13, 2016
    Texas Panhandle
    Tony Dudzig at Pickguardian made clear pickguards for my M75T and M77T DeArmonds. I sent him the originals and the ones Tony made using them as templates turned out perfectly.

Jeff67, Roy Clark and Groutsch like this.
  7. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats RC!

I nearly bought a silver sparkle one back in 98,but it was a boat anchor ,so I passed.

Roy Clark likes this.
  8. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    Thanks for the info.

9. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    Mine is not that heave at all. But my Italia single cut is heavy though.

10. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Firenze, Italy
    Thanks mate! Great thread, now I just want that guitar.
    I started a yard sale of all my unused pedals just this morning, let’s see if I could come up with a NGD by the end of the week;)

Roy Clark and Groutsch like this.
  11. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    I really like that colour. Congrats.

Roy Clark likes this.
  12. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    OK guys My used DeArmond guitar has a nasty really bad big ding on the side of it. And a deep scratch near the knobs. I want to fix those. I get it in 9 weeks at Christmas. I looked it over and that is it. It needs new strings machine heads tightened, frets polished and a set up. It is dirty. It has a few more dings but not really bad. And the pic guard is trash. So since they do not sell them anymore I got some questions?

How can I fix the scratch and really bad ding? And will a Guild pickguard fit my guitar? And where is the best place to get Humbucker rings? They are not broke but I want some gold plated I found a set on Amazon. Do you think they would work?

I tried to take pictures but my camera pictures looked like a 1978 polaroid instant camera that has now faded so dark you can not see the pictures. 2 tablet cameras and my flip phone dose not take good ones at all. Dad had one in 1978 polaroid instant camera and all the old photos of us back then and me growing up is faded. You hardly can not see the picture anymore. I need a new camera.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    Jeff67 likes this.
  13. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Pickguardian makes DeArmond guards for the M- series and the Starfire series, for both Gold Tone and 2K/ 2000 style pickups. He does custom stuff too, if you can send a good tracing. He made one for me a while back- kinda of a combo of the top edge of the stock guard so it fits perfectly around the pickups and a Guild- style stairstep bottom edge. I got it in a thick clear and back- painted it silver.

14. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Firenze, Italy
    This babies are absolute bangs for the bucks.
    I'm pondering my options...I sold I couple of pedals on the weekend, but the best M66 I found had TOM tailpiece and I really dislike it. It's a massive PITA in case you decide to install a Bigsby (unlikely) or any other tailpiece. Other than that, I have a couple of Dynasonic sitting around in a drawer but I suspect that install them on humbuckers holes woudn't be an easy task.
    I may continue my search of a M75/M72. :)

Roy Clark likes this.
  15. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    [​IMG]

maloburro, Jeff67 and GlenP like this.
  16. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    https://reverb.com/item/45287282-dearmond-m-75t-hardshell-case

stiv likes this.
  17. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Firenze, Italy
  18. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.