Sire Guitars

Tony65x55

Gretschified
Sep 23, 2011
The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
I’m curious if anyone has played a Sire guitar and if so what are your impressions? The Larry Carlton H7 looks interesting.

It does. Cosmo Music is carrying the line but all they have in is basses. Coast is the Canadian distributor. The markup is dramatic is seems, with the prices of the basses ranging from $679 to $2109.

Made in Indonesia.

GHook

Gretschie
Sep 3, 2010
wnc
They were quite popular on Talk Bass for awhile. They seemed a bit over-priced for an Indonesian bass. Marcus Miller was large in their marketing. Not sure if he, Marcus, held a stake in the company.

Robbie

Friend of Fred
Jun 17, 2013
Sarnia Ontario Canada
It does. Cosmo Music is carrying the line but all they have in is basses. Coast is the Canadian distributor. The markup is dramatic is seems, with the prices of the basses ranging from $679 to $2109.

Made in Indonesia.

I think Coast had the H7 at somewhere around $1400. That price was a little more than I expected.

drmilktruck

I Bleed Orange
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
I wonder if Anderton’s has a stake. Obviously they were/are involved in the Chapman line. I get leery when unknown brands not widely available are pushed by dealers.

Last edited:

Tony65x55

Gretschified
Sep 23, 2011
The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
I think Coast had the H7 at somewhere around $1400. That price was a little more than I expected.

Ya, me too. A couple hundred more and you are into the street price for an Eastman with premium parts and excellent quality all around. $1400 is a little rich for the market they're trying to penetrate.

I only have about $950 into my tricked out Epi with a PLEK'd neck and DiMarzio PAFs

Robbie

Friend of Fred
Jun 17, 2013
Sarnia Ontario Canada
Ya, me too. A couple hundred more and you are into the street price for an Eastman with premium parts and excellent quality all around. $1400 is a little rich for the market they're trying to penetrate.

I only have about $950 into my tricked out Epi with a PLEK'd neck and DiMarzio PAFs

That’s what I was thinking when I saw the price Coast had the H7 listed at. You have a top shelf ES style guitar for under 1K.