Show your SELFMADE PEDALBOARDS

oneforsorrow

Synchromatic
May 15, 2020
Iowa
Made this from scrap lumber around the house along with some L brackets and the drawer handle from the Habitat for Humanity Restore. It's slightly angled by way of some rubber feet -- enough so for the isolated power supply underneath. I also just re-wired all the audio cables with Mogami 2319 and SP500 plugs (my first soldering project). I also cleaned all of the pedal inserts with Deoxit and between the cables and the cleaning, something magic happened. This board got so whisper quiet.

IMG_3042.JPG

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
I just cannot commit to a pedal board. I have 12 pedals (not including a TCE looper and Digitech Trio) and really only engage 3 at a time at most. Most times it is just 1 pedal on because I'm usually dialed in to a very specific tone for home practice.

I bring more and chain them when practicing for a gig or event and, this sounds odd, have my pedals on a stand 3 ft. high and use them more like a control board as I like to adjust tone. I have a special one that has been on my radar for a year so this may yet be my very first "always on" pedal and it arrives Thursday.

I love having tons of tone shaping options but want to keep the focus simple when playing and many times play just direct to the amp. I am experimenting so things may change.

giffenf

Country Gent
Oct 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Mine's a little different. There is an actual board that controls it (second picture below), but most of it is up in the toolbox, a Homak Industrial 3-drawer toolbox. I got the idea from what I had sworn I had seen somewhere, i.e., mounting pedals in a toolbox, but when I went back to find it, I couldn't find any evidence anywhere that anyone else had done it before, so I set out to determine whether it was a brilliant idea I'd come up with (a first, to be sure), or a bad idea all around and that's why no one else had ever done it. But after a whole lot of effort and actual thinkin', it actually works pretty well. I call it the Rackabilly, a hillbilly rack system. And it has evolved a lot since I shot these first pictures of it, but it's a lot cleaner in the pics here because it hadn't seen so many gigs then like it has now. One benefit I have accrued is that it's fairly modular, and is easy to swap out pedals, provided they fit in the drawers. So right now there's no tremolo pedal (my amp has it so I'm good there), and the Marquesan is in its place, next to the Fluid Drive, my trusty compressor pedal has replaced the Quilter Interblock amp, so I need to shlep an amp, but I have no regrets. The toolbox's weight also serves as an effective theft deterrent. As for whether it was a divine inspiration or a really bad idea, the jury's still out.

itworks[1].jpg

17switchboard2[1].jpg

Butch Ammon

Gretschie
Jan 3, 2016
Richmond, VA
Very easy... Very simple.... I'm not much of a "pedal guy" since my Boss Katana Artist does everything I need.
20220522_081306.jpg
Dimension: 12"length X 20"width X 1/2"high(top row only) using small rubber feet. Edges are mitered baseboard molding pieces that I had laying around.

Emergence

Gretschie
May 25, 2022
New York
Too many pedals just confuse me and I’m a retired engineering manager. I didn’t use any for the longest time. Then I got an equalizer that I put down on top of my amp. A year or so ago I added a delay to use in place of the tank reverb. Two pedals on top of the amp looked sloppy so I put them on a board.
CE7CD05F-C859-4212-9E1F-5058897E1709.jpeg

Zeek

Country Gent
May 29, 2016
Illinois USA
I made mine out of wood n carpet for velcro, the big one fits in a nice hard carry case.
Pedals will change the only permanent is Looper and El Pescadoro. I just put The Sleeper on to replace my Detroit Casket that burned up and died. RIP
IMG_20220530_140201921 (1).jpg

Pine Apple Slim

Country Gent
Dec 14, 2011
North Alabama
I got a wild hair idea to drag out my old Danelectro pedals, a Daddy O, a Dan Echo, and a Grilled Cheese(terrible pedal btw, a cocked wah kinda distortion thingy, so bad maybe its good to scare somebody with at least?)

Then I ordered up the matching tuner pedal and Fab Tone distortion from the Daddy O/Dan Echo line, and a French Toast Octave Fuzz from the same little plastic food series as the Grilled Cheese. All for pretty cheap off ebay & reverb.
I really wanna get the Chicken Salad Univibe but those have a good rep and are hard to find and expensive.
Thought about getting the Cool Cat Chorus, but they are also pretty expensive and Im not much of a chorus fan anyway.

My plan is to make a homemade board for them. Ive done the wood from Lowes thing, but I wanna do something more original.
Something unique that goes with the old 50s car esthetic of the pedals, or maybe something with a food theme like a large cheese board or something. Or maybe a really old school suitcase or something. Need to make a trip to the flea market and look around.

Yea, Im bored but its a hobby.

Any ideas for the board?

Last edited:

iowa

Gretschie
Jun 3, 2008
corn country
I got a wild hair idea to drag out my old Danelectro pedals, a Daddy O, a Dan Echo, and a Grilled Cheese(terrible pedal btw, a cocked wah kinda distortion thingy, so bad maybe its good to scare somebody with at least?)

Then I ordered up the matching tuner pedal and Fab Tone distortion from the Daddy O/Dan Echo line, and a French Toast Octave Fuzz from the same little plastic food series as the Grilled Cheese. All for pretty cheap off ebay & reverb.
I really wanna get the Chicken Salad Univibe but those have a good rep and are hard to find and expensive.
Thought about getting the Cool Cat Chorus, but they are also pretty expensive and Im not much of a chorus fan anyway.

My plan is to make a homemade board for them. Ive done the wood from Lowes thing, but I wanna do something more original.
Something unique that goes with the old 50s car esthetic of the pedals, or maybe something with a food theme like a large cheese board or something. Or maybe a really old school suitcase or something. Need to make a trip to the flea market and look around.

Yea, Im bored but its a hobby.

Any ideas for the board?

Based on the names of some of the pedals maybe a food tray?