Show us your ride

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by rockinforJesus, Aug 1, 2020.

1. r0de0

r0de0 Synchromatic

Jul 7, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Yep! An underrated movie.

2. r0de0

r0de0 Synchromatic

Jul 7, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
  3. Gewdkharma

Gewdkharma Gretschie

Jan 14, 2018
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Zeek likes this.
  4. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Nothing special here...

[​IMG]

2006 Lexus ES-330, bought when it was ten years old and had 129,000 miles on it. Drives good, reliable as a hammer.

It had a regular title when I bought it, but should have a salvage title now. We had a big hailstorm over a year ago, and parts of the car look like a golf ball. But you can't see it from 15 feet away, so I elected to keep it even though my insurer totaled it.

I say it "should" have a salvage title, because the state of North Carolina still has not issued the salvage title. I understand that they probably got a massive influx of paperwork requiring them to issue a huge number of salvage titles, but dang, it's been over 15 months now. I noticed that at annual registration time for both of the last two cycles, they have charged me a fee based on the "non-totaled" value, though.

Why do governments do that sort of thing? Because they can...

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Synchromatic

Jun 28, 2008
    Finland
    Nothing special here either. JCW Countryman.

[​IMG]

6. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Its honestly shocking how nice a car this is for what is basically an economy car with lots of bells and whistles - Mazda 3 Hatchback. So fun to drive, comfy, nice stereo. I keep my car clean inside (as a drunk mom said on Halloween night, "of course I spill my drink and get glitter all over the cleanest car in Petaluma") but almost never outside. My side view mirrors actually have accumulate spider web dripping down because I've drive so little since March (I've filled up my gas tank only twice in 4. pics from when I bought this almost 2 years ago. Tsims has the red version I think.

20180925_170518.jpg

7. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin
    The element is not my daily but still regular driver. 17 years old / 188,000 miles with original clutch. Still going strong.
    Ellie.jpg

Daily driver (CRV) loaded for my last solo gig (months and months ago)

CRV Loaded.jpg

8. Zeek

Zeek Synchromatic

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    r0de0 likes this.
  9. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin
    Not mine but my buddy's. Seats are removed as we were installing new carpet.
    V1.jpg

Spyder Turbo.png

We have some work to do on the one on the left. The one on the right is up for restoration. Covid 19 has slowed us down however.
    V3.png

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  10. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Gretschie

Nov 18, 2019
    Beaverton, OR, USA
    Duplicate post; ignore this

11. BrianW

BrianW Synchromatic

Oct 21, 2014
    Vancouver Island
    Just out the door from having some work done on it - mirror on the left side not even attached when this was taken

IMG_4223.JPG

12. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Gretschie

Nov 18, 2019
    Beaverton, OR, USA
    No love for Volkswagen yet in this thread? ;)
    upload_2020-8-2_11-31-19.png

13. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    If there's enough room in the rear storage area, this might make a good "next car" for me in my new gig. I have recently qualified as a licensed home inspector in North Carolina, so I need to carry a fair bit of equipment. The bulkiest is three ladders, all of which are collapsible to a large degree. None of them is, when collapsed/folded, any longer than four feet long.

The bigger problem for me, I suspect, would be access. I've read that the driver's seat can be hard to get into if you are not lithe/limber. I'm not.

Henry likes this.
  14. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    I think everyone knows what a 1999 Mk1 Ford Focus looks like by now.
    Have owned it for 18 years,clear coat is peeling off the bonnet/hood ,and it's got a lot of dents,scratches and moss growing out of the windows and one light has turned yellow,oh,and it's been leaking since November 2017.

LivingMyDream and rockinforJesus like this.
  15. Alanqa

Alanqa Gretschie

Aug 22, 2019
    Lancashire UK
  16. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Family Truckster
    C1AECEE5-A312-4D61-9DB3-0B222557C311.jpeg

Sunny Days only
    9ABD6361-7227-476F-9DBB-3F8447F4276D.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  17. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
  18. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I couldn't fir in a 914. I tried. At least this Volvo shooting break has room for gear, and better looks.

DougWheeler74 likes this.
  19. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Nice gig rig, the Whitey O'Van. Great name!
    Mine was a F650 Ford 24' box truck. Power tailgate was light years ahead of a ramp.
    Yours is sweet for your needs. The LEDs are a great idea. I can still remember the days when we hauled our entire band, in a Stude Lark wagon and an El Camino.

In Chicago winters. Much fun,

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.