Show us your pedalboard

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Replaced a Wampler Faux Tape Delay with a Mystery Brain a few weeks ago, and this week replaced a King of Tone clone and a tube screamer mini with a Fluid Drive (in the MB loop) and a Marquesan. And added an El Pescadoro for good measure. Still keeping the Flint though. The Honey Pot fuzz seems to be redundant and I have nothing on the wish list (famous last words).

View attachment 177641
which gretsch is that?

guitarist1983

Electromatic
Feb 22, 2022
Georgia
I've been using this setup for only a couple of months. My overdrive choices vary a lot over time. I'm running stereo and using an Iridium, to simplify things at church. I used to use a AC15 style amp (Morgan) in an ISO closet off stage, but the Iridium makes things easier for everyone. I used the 6228 this past Sunday with these pedals. The Iridium was programmed for a Deluxe Reverb going through a Bassman cabinet with EQ all on 12s. To my ears, the Timmy pedal is fabulous with the 6228. I probably can find a video of me playing this pedalboard with the 6228 somewhere....

pedalboard 2022.jpg

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
page SIXTY ONE!!!! damn.. ok ok I think I need to post my present set up. Its been a while.

I'll hold you in suspense

af2aa399fdab6a782b9c643a8cc87367.jpg

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
I've been using this setup for only a couple of months. My overdrive choices vary a lot over time. I'm running stereo and using an Iridium, to simplify things at church. I used to use a AC15 style amp (Morgan) in an ISO closet off stage, but the Iridium makes things easier for everyone. I used the 6228 this past Sunday with these pedals. The Iridium was programmed for a Deluxe Reverb going through a Bassman cabinet with EQ all on 12s. To my ears, the Timmy pedal is fabulous with the 6228. I probably can find a video of me playing this pedalboard with the 6228 somewhere....

View attachment 177762
Awesome board. I am sooooo jealous of your purple Cali. If you ever want to move it, lemme know - I will pay a premium! I actually have a question about it. If it is on when you turn off your board, is it on when you turn it back on? Mine turns off at power down; but I have a bass comp that stays on (if left on), which is my preference.

Also, I can't help but plug Morningside Engineering and their midi controllers - super customizable and they will have one of similar size to your disaster area with a digital screen. Imo brings out the value of midi pedals.

guitarist1983

Electromatic
Feb 22, 2022
Georgia
Awesome board. I am sooooo jealous of your purple Cali. If you ever want to move it, lemme know - I will pay a premium! I actually have a question about it. If it is on when you turn off your board, is it on when you turn it back on? Mine turns off at power down; but I have a bass comp that stays on (if left on), which is my preference.

Also, I can't help but plug Morningside Engineering and their midi controllers - super customizable and they will have one of similar size to your disaster area with a digital screen. Imo brings out the value of midi pedals.
Thank you. Yes, my Cali does indeed power up engaged whether or not the Cali was powered down engaged or bypassed. Is there an internal switch to change this? hmm...

giffenf

Country Gent
Oct 26, 2008
Los Angeles
I don't have time or patience to look through the first 60 pages of this thread, but I think I've posted previous iterations of what I gig with, but this is the new favorite, the "Rackette,"
rackettewithampb.jpg

fc3b.jpg

Only a couple of actual pedals besides the Boss GP-10 processor and the Roland GR-55 synth, but they're critical: a Nocturne Atomic Brain (because, why WOULDN'T you have one of these?), and a Boss LS-2 to mix the outputs of the two processors. There are a couple of Primova boxes on there, one is a subsonic filter to improve performance of the hex pickup and also provide an analog input, and one is a MIDI interface to the GP-10. Patches and options are selected via MIDI either through the FC-300 foot controller or wirelessly from the iPad via the Yamaha bluetooth MIDI attached to the FC-300. It has taken a few gigs to find the cables that like to come unplugged and figure new ways to secure them while still enabling the drawers to slide in and out consistently, but it's done the last couple gigs without any issues. I'll probably think of more stuff to do to it, so we'll see what comes next.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Thank you. Yes, my Cali does indeed power up engaged whether or not the Cali was powered down engaged or bypassed. Is there an internal switch to change this? hmm...
MIne is serial 0363 so maybe they changed it on later issues. Imo it should stay on or off when it is powered down, but I prefer on.

Thank you for reminding me of this pedal as I did a quick search and a used one was just listes. The seller confirmed what you said about its on status so i just bought it.

Butch Ammon

Synchromatic
Jan 3, 2016
Richmond, VA
Okay, okay, okay.... I know I've been probably viewed as an anti-pedal guitarist, since my Boss Katana Artist combo does everything I need - and then some!

BUT... I recently decided to hook up my BYOC home built Classic Overdrive (i.e. Clone of the famous Ibanez Tube Screamer), and I hooked up the Caline Blue Ocean analog delay. BUT ONLY USED ON THE CLEAN CHANNEL.

BOSS GA-FC main footswitch:
CH-1: Clean tone w/ slapback delay. (Effect switch enabled = Boost/Mod: MXR Phase 90 pedal).
CH-2: Clean tone w/ a hint of chorus. (Effect switch enabled = Boost/Mod: Boss Tremolo pedal).
CH-3: Crunch tone w/ a hint of delay. (Effect switch enabled = Boost/Mod: Boss Blues Drive pedal).
CH-4: Crunch tone w/ delay & reverb. (Effect switch enabled = Boost/Mod: Classic Fuzz Face pedal).
PANEL: Lead tone w/ delay & reverb. (Effect switch enabled = Boost/Mod: ProCo Rat pedal).

So... As you see, my Boss Katana's channels (GA-FC footswitch) goes from nice and sweet, clean & sparkly, to extreme, snarling, hard rock/metal, with howling feedback (if I get too close).

The green metalflake colored pedal (Tube Screamer clone) is set for just a subtle hint of bite to the clean signal. I don't need to stomp this switch to activate the other one, to switch this on, etc... doing a bit of a tap-dance, when all I need is just a tiny little bite for a solo. So... I chained in the BYOC Classic Overdrive pedal. :cool:

The blue colored Chinese/Indonesia/Taiwan/etc... etc... inexpensive pedal from Amazon (Caline Blue Ocean) delay is set for massive delay, lots of repeats, and a boost of unity gain, so the delay is almost the same level as the dry signal. I am only using this pedal to channel "The Edge" from U2. I play a series of 8th note phrases, scales, etc... and keep in time with the delay pedal, and it sounds really cool.

Also, and lastly, you'll notice a very well used Dunlop Cry Baby wah pedal, listed first in the chain. I just like the ability to control the wah myself, instead of having the Boss Katana use an Envelop Filter or Auto Wah effect.

20220323_192449[1].jpg

Last edited:

guitarist1983

Electromatic
Feb 22, 2022
Georgia
MIne is serial 0363 so maybe they changed it on later issues. Imo it should stay on or off when it is powered down, but I prefer on.

Thank you for reminding me of this pedal as I did a quick search and a used one was just listes. The seller confirmed what you said about its on status so i just bought it.
I hope you like it. I've been using the Cali for several years and I'm quite satisfied with it.

guitarist1983

Electromatic
Feb 22, 2022
Georgia
I assume you meant MorningStar engineering? I've never seen one, but have heard good things about their products.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
I hope you like it. I've been using the Cali for several years and I'm quite satisfied with it.
I am hoping it is the same as the one I have except the color and the "on"ness - I love my compressor!

And yes, MorningStar. The customization is unbelievable, and the guy, James, is constantly updating the software and adding functions. It also can now be controlled by phone/mobile via USB cable. If you want to keep the same size, the MC3 would work, though it looks like you have space for more; it can control an amp too but you need a midi adapter (which they also just introduced and is much less expensive than the alternatives I have found from Suhr and Voodoo).

I have the MC8. The first page is mostly on/off for each pedal. Long press that button, and it jumps to another page that has various presets for that pedal or, for my delay pedal, options to change settings and/or the time (e.g. I have one button that sets it to slap back delay, another for tap tempo). Then there are additional pages that are global presets that I use for song presets.

The downside is that it takes a bit of programming, but i find that kind of fun (when not frustrating).

guitarist1983

Electromatic
Feb 22, 2022
Georgia
I am hoping it is the same as the one I have except the color and the "on"ness - I love my compressor!

And yes, MorningStar. The customization is unbelievable, and the guy, James, is constantly updating the software and adding functions. It also can now be controlled by phone/mobile via USB cable. If you want to keep the same size, the MC3 would work, though it looks like you have space for more; it can control an amp too but you need a midi adapter (which they also just introduced and is much less expensive than the alternatives I have found from Suhr and Voodoo).

I have the MC8. The first page is mostly on/off for each pedal. Long press that button, and it jumps to another page that has various presets for that pedal or, for my delay pedal, options to change settings and/or the time (e.g. I have one button that sets it to slap back delay, another for tap tempo). Then there are additional pages that are global presets that I use for song presets.

The downside is that it takes a bit of programming, but i find that kind of fun (when not frustrating).
MorningStar sounds interesting. The Disaster Area allows programming for quick press, medium press, and long press for each footswitch. Send any number of CCs and/or Program changes to any channels. 2 TRS midi outs (or Exp input) and a 5-pin DIN IN/OUT jack. I only use it to select the Volante preset, select the amp preset on the Iridium (e.g., Fender/Marshall), and turn the Mobius on/off.