Show us your pedalboard

Marv666

Synchromatic
Jul 26, 2020
Germany
You might be experiencing the typical tremolo volume drop? I have the Joyo version and didn’t perceive any thin tone.
If the HB is the same as the Joyo it should have 2 trim pots. With the pcb facing you left one is bias, right is volume. You’ll need to disassemble the pedal to gain access.
i have the feeling it thins out the tone even when bypassed 😬

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
i have the feeling it thins out the tone even when bypassed 😬
That’s a true bypass pedal and if the input impedance is low or the output impedance is too high, it can wash out your sound. So long as all the components are of reasonable quality, buffers don’t hurt you and in many cases, they can save the day.

Sid Nitzerglobin

Country Gent
Jun 8, 2015
fROMOHIO
Been working on a setup on the small Gator board the past few days for the new fuzz to live on for the present. I wound up getting my steelbilly Mystery Brain last night & swapped over to it & rerouted to get the fuzz in front of the Brain & use the insert on the new Brain (my lime one that I started out w/ is from before Tavo started adding the insert loop):
tb3M0Fj.jpg

guitar > TCE Polytune 2 Noir > Daredevil Real Cool Fuzz > Nocturne Mystery Brain { Fairfield Circuitry The Accountant > MXR Phase 95 > EQD Monarch on the insert loop between the preamp & delay/vibrato } > JRAD Boing (to be replaced w/ his Mr. Moto combo trem/verb sometime early next week)> Zvex Channel 2 > amp

Undercarriage:
gATJMkp.jpg

I've fallen hard back in love w/ the Monarch in this setup, it's been years since I was using it for guitar & running it at 9V seems to make it a much better natural amp style OD vs. the crazy high output & pretty damn clean preamp it has behaved as for me at 18V.

I'm also finding several great sounds/use cases for a compressor on guitar w/ The Accountant, I've almost never been into using them in the past but It seems to really add something to the dirty sounds for me in this setup.

I'm thinking this setup for this board is going stand a pretty good chance of staying in tact & often used :D

Last edited:

Sid Nitzerglobin

Country Gent
Jun 8, 2015
fROMOHIO
Updated the small Gator board w/ the Mr. Moto pedal replacing the Boing:
pY7meXV.jpg

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the verb on the Mr. Moto so far: it seems plenty serviceable for spring-ish ambiance & does a fairly good drip impression on muted notes when dialed up past ~12:30-1 o'clock, but the dwell on sustained/unmuted chords gets pretty crispy & digital sounding to me. Not bad all around if I don't have an actual spring tank on the amp I'm plugging into, but not quite as good for me as the Boing. The trem is pretty nice for me though which is probably the more important effect for my uses, it seems similarly well built to the other J Rockett pedals I've had, & w/ a new set of knobs it fits perfectly visually so I'm considering it a win for this board ;)

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Today's iteration. Still not completely sold on the Vertex Steel String Clean Drive. It may soon lose its' spot to either the FA1 FET clone or the Junior Barnyard.
View attachment 177530
It’s really hard to beat the Jr Barnyard! I didn’t realize how small the HoF2 as this picture really shows it’s diminutive size. I’m short so I like big pedal, yet I have to compensate somehow!

pmac11

Country Gent
Mar 4, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
It’s really hard to beat the Jr Barnyard! I didn’t realize how small the HoF2 as this picture really shows it’s diminutive size. I’m short so I like big pedal, yet I have to compensate somehow!
The HOF mini is a great 'silver bullet' kind of pedal. Load it with the one Toneprint you really want, and you're set. I've got it loaded with an EMT140 plate at the moment. As for the Junior B, agreed, it's unique. I'm finding that the Vertex Steel String opens up the mids and thickens the tone a bit, but I can get more or less the same thing with the FA1 clone and the Mystery Brain.

Synchro

Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
The HOF mini is a great 'silver bullet' kind of pedal. Load it with the one Toneprint you really want, and you're set. I've got it loaded with an EMT140 plate at the moment. As for the Junior B, agreed, it's unique. I'm finding that the Vertex Steel String opens up the mids and thickens the tone a bit, but I can get more or less the same thing with the FA1 clone and the Mystery Brain.
How do you like the EMT-140 emulation?

Synchro

Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
I like it a great deal, although sadly I don't have a real EMT with which to compare.
You don‘t have a real EMT-140?!?!?!?! My goodness. :)

I’ll have to try that TonePrint. I’m a Plate reverb fanatic. I love the HOF Mini.

bhatta

Gretschie
Jun 29, 2020
Bangalore
Can't find my post and don't remember ever posting my pedalboard so here goes :p So at the risk of repeating myself :rolleyes:
Got a Supro Drive coming tho which will prob replace both drives in there and make room for my TC electronic Drip reverb.

View attachment 177631
Nice and clean...

The Drip sucks volume, big time!
Am using it regularly but have to reach for the volume knob... If you haven't yet got it, would suggest you to rethink!

There's a 60 cycle hum YT video on different reverbs, check that out.
Didn't do me much good as even knowing the volume drop i still went for the Drip 😂. But it's effect is good.

michelb

Synchromatic
Mar 27, 2020
Belgium
Ye, already got it laying around, and I noticed it.
If I use it tho, it's more of a set up per location I go to and leave it on, so not really an issue for me. There's an issue with the circuit design tho for sure.

bobeschism

Gretschie
Mar 4, 2022
Bristol, UK
Replaced a Wampler Faux Tape Delay with a Mystery Brain a few weeks ago, and this week replaced a King of Tone clone and a tube screamer mini with a Fluid Drive (in the MB loop) and a Marquesan. And added an El Pescadoro for good measure. Still keeping the Flint though. The Honey Pot fuzz seems to be redundant and I have nothing on the wish list (famous last words).

IMG_20220317_171152727-01.jpeg

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Replaced a Wampler Faux Tape Delay with a Mystery Brain a few weeks ago, and this week replaced a King of Tone clone and a tube screamer mini with a Fluid Drive (in the MB loop) and a Marquesan. And added an El Pescadoro for good measure. Still keeping the Flint though. The Honey Pot fuzz seems to be redundant and I have nothing on the wish list (famous last words).

View attachment 177641
Welcome to the forum, @bobeschism ! Now that is a really great collection of pedals on your board!
vintage_grunge_uk_flag_union_jack_doormat.jpg