Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Show us your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Cool!
    The big muff does sound great through the clean channel but maybe a bit too harsh for what we play. Like i said i use it mainly for fuzz tone parts :)
    What type of music are you playing? Always nice to come across another dirty Gretcher lol ;)

2. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Last 5 yrs its been a mix of dirty blues, classic rock & hard rock.
    Still doin ACDC, ZZ Top, Foo Fighters, Tom Petty & heartbreakers, Pearl Jam, Black Crows, Neil Young, Audioslave, SRV plus hard rock originals.

But started as a 16 yr old in Sydney pups doin punk & trash - was Clash, Sex Pistols, Jam, Radio Birdman, Ramones, Stooges, Lou Reed/Velvet Underground in those days :)

Trash Kidd likes this.
  3. Fjrabon

Fjrabon Gretschie

Mar 7, 2017
    Atlanta
    IMG_8285.JPG Redid mine a little bit. Also will be soon adding a foot switch for the ac25's 'verb and 'molo. And a volume pedal will soon be added to blend the two channels on the AC15.

But none of those are directly effects and they won't actually even sit on my board.

Also just ordered some new flat patch cables to tighten things up a bit.

Chain is:

Deluxe Thinline Tele/ Gretsch G5438T -> vox wah -> pigtronix micro philosophers tone compressor -> donner tuner -> fulltone fulldrive2 mosfet 2 stage overdrive -> nano big muff fuzz -> Orange Two Stroke clean boost with two band parametric EQ -> Electro Harmonix Lester G Leslie sim (with moog expression pedal off to the side) -> Electro Harmonix Canyon delay and looper -> Vox AC15

Power supply is the higher end Donner power supply. 18V goes to the Fulltone, 12V goes to the Two Stroke, 9V 500 mA goes to the nano muff and Lester G, everything else is 9V 100mA.

LivingMyDream likes this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. dinks

dinks Country Gent

Dec 18, 2014
    Kansas
    Ever evolving ridiculousness. It finally has enough Brain action to post to this forum.

Attached Files:

WannaGretsch and gtttrrr like this.
  6. russmack

russmack Gretschie

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    I've read enough.

If somebody can post a sensibly critical review of a Strymon el Capistan echo, I think I may be able to get in under my wife's radar. Last time I looked they were advertised at $460 - US or Oz, I dunno. Whatever.

Russ

WannaGretsch likes this.
  7. Mark S

Mark S Electromatic

Mar 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    $450 is a bit much.. 350 Euro over here.
    So there is your argument: it's much cheaper than you initially planned for.. ;)

8. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    I'd get a Mystery Brain, instead. Much easier to use, at least for my needs. I had an El Cap for a while and I loved it but after a while I realized I was spending more time tweaking those knobs than using the unit to play music. Even if I consider myself very demanding and refined when it comes to guitar tone, I like simple things.
    It's a great pedal of course, a little bit pricey though.

9. WannaGretsch

WannaGretsch Gretschie

Oct 23, 2012
    ALASKA
    Not many down sides to the El Cap. Probably Strymon's best pedal. Lots of options, switchable buffer was very handy for me. Tap tempo, very authentic sounding tape delays. Lots of fun. Takes a ton of power, no battery backup for gig considerations, favorite switch is cool to set you stock slapback sound then set the delay to whatever other craziness your into. Love it with very few drawbacks like I said.

That said, about a year ago I moved to the Boss DM2w for slap and DD7 for long/tap/looping. Never missed the El Cap since and for me, I have a much better sounding and more useful setup. But I do love the El Cap!

Mark S likes this.
  10. Mark S

Mark S Electromatic

Mar 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    I did the same actually..
    I swapped the El Cap for a vintage Ibanez AD9 for slapback and a Ibanez DML10 for longer and modulated delays

WannaGretsch likes this.
  11. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    El cap, like all strymon non gargantuan Pedals, need more favorites settings. One is not enough. On my so cap, I had the favorite set on slap back with a lead type delay settings on the knobs.

12. russmack

russmack Gretschie

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    Thanks.

Seems there're lots more stuff out there.

I'll keep on looking.

Russ

13. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    Another great choice would be one of the Neunaber Expanse series. You can use the unit as a reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, tremolo, and delay of course (including a great sounding tape emulation with tap tempo). If you get the ExP pedal you can have 4 banks and 2 presets per bank and you can have a different effect for each bank.

[​IMG]

Ricochet likes this.
  14. jagROAR_63

jagROAR_63 Gretschie

Apr 20, 2016
    Germany
    changed a little for surf:
    IMG_5613.JPG
    Fuzz 1 for sightly fuzz
    atomic
    Tuner
    Fuzz 2 for more fuzzy sounds
    Archer for just a little grit
    Strymon Flint for Tremoo and the "less reverb" setting
    Tokai TDL-1 for Slapback
    Memory Man Dlx for a little more repeats and mor obvious delay sound
    Gomez g-spring (Fender Tube Reverb Tank clone) for the full amount of surf reverb is last (not in the pic).

It works really nice ! :)

southpaw185 and WannaGretsch like this.
  15. dlew919

dlew919 Gretschie

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Here's the one made specially for my 5420t. [​IMG]

It primarily gets used in a duo where we do a little funk, a little soul, a little country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia

hehe Russ - you like throwing $ away don't you.
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ELCapistanEcho
    US$299 = A$380 today.
    Found that in 5 seconds at Sweetwater but if you spend 5 minutes on Ebay you'll get it cheaper again in the US.

17. russmack

russmack Gretschie

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    Thanks Waxi. Yeah, I've been thinking on it a lot.

The trouble is, I've been burned a coupla times - and that's usually been when I've purchased stuff that requires international exchange rates.

I'm not really computer-literate. But I know that I'm doing myself a disservice.

Obviously, you and Gretschmen65 know your way thru the maze.

I'm available anytime, but I don't want to clog this site up with irrelevant subject matter.

Would a conversation be possible?

Russ

18. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    sure Russ PM me and we can swap phone numbers or whatever.
    You only up the coast a bit.

It's not a maze at all - really simple actually - I've never been burned once.
    But if you not comfortable with it don't risk it :)

19. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Country Gent

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    [​IMG] + upload_2017-7-16_16-34-17.jpeg + upload_2017-7-16_16-34-45.jpeg = Natural tube, speaker and pickups compression and sustain

20. russmack

russmack Gretschie

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    OK Waxi. Just one small problem: what's a PM?

Russ

21. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    PM - Private Message