Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Show us your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Mar 9, 2016.

1. guitarsark

guitarsark Electromatic

Sep 24, 2011
    Boston
    How do you like the Koji comp ? And is that an ibanez flanger in yellow ?

2. Mark S

Mark S Electromatic

Mar 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    I had the Wampler Ego before the Koji. See a few posts back on page 12. I'm thinking of going back to the Ego. Both are great, but I like the Ego just a little bit more. More tweakable, less obtrusive.
    Ibanez FL9 flanger indeed!

3. guitarsark

guitarsark Electromatic

Sep 24, 2011
    Boston
    I have the fl9 also ! And a keeley gc2 comp that I like but am having a it of trouble dialing in. May also go for the wampler.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Mark S

Mark S Electromatic

Mar 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    My issue with the Koji is the lack of a sustain/release control like on the Wampler Ego. It's kinda fixed setting on the Koji.

6. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    IMG_7648.JPG Except for the Nocturnes and the pedal Reuss RSH-3 (the one with the heart on it) this is constantly changing.
    I have no clue what to do with any of this stuff but it sure looks cool.

7. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Friend of Fred

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    alright another strymon fan! I love what they make, and rock several. Is that grey channel a take on the grey box 250/preamp like my Fez pedal?

Srellim1 likes this.
  8. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    I haven't heard a Fez in person (though they sound really cool in the videos), but yes, it's a take on the Grey Channel. The trick of it is that it's really versatile. It's 2 'channels'. One let's you toggle between LED clipping/no clipping or FET clipping. The other is silicon/ no clipping or germanium. I think that the trade off is character. It sounds really good but maybe lacks a little personality. That may of course just be a matter of taste (or pilot error).

9. Sugardaddy1979

Sugardaddy1979 Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Athens, GA
    My current set up. Still not sold in the tc electronic hypergravity. I also have a tc electronic sub n up that is not on the board. Can't decide if I like octave. Would love to swap the dd 20 for an alter ego I think.

Attached Files:

LivingMyDream likes this.
  10. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Ha, it makes me laugh too. Besides these I've got a reverb tank in my tube amp.

For long I considered one of the smallest Pedaltrain boards with hard case, but went to this Gator Pedal Tote with softcase instead. There were two reasons, first the Pedaltrain's dandy aluminum case looked too neat'n'sissy for my taste (sorry, I am what I am :confused:) and second this one was over 50euros cheaper.

IMG_20170321_203617_055.jpg

11. Sugardaddy1979

Sugardaddy1979 Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Athens, GA
    I had the gator before I switched to the board shown above. It is made by Donner actually and was $80 us. I didn't like not being able to hide wires on the gator and it is also heavy as heck.

12. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    It is quite heavy, that's true.

13. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    Last update. Both Dyno Brain and DM-3 will be replaced with a Nocturne Mystery Brain, as soon as I'll receive it. Few pedals, lots of options and lots of fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

benjwri, thunder58 and audept like this.
  14. Lizardkinged

Lizardkinged Friend of Fred

Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    Yeah it is. It's like two of them and each channel can switch between a Fet, Germanium and silicon diodes. (I think that's what can be switched... I can't recall)

15. Lawrie Minson

Lawrie Minson Electromatic

I build multi-effects pedals as a sideline to my playing. This is a gut shot of my M7. From the input it has a Tuner/Mute switch, Compressor, Two stages of OD, Tremolo, Delay with Tap Tempo, Reverb and a Master Boost/Cut. This chain works very well and has a way better noise floor that an equivalent single pedal array. It may not suit everyone but it a nice sturdy and compact unit.

Attached Files:

16. Lawrie Minson

Lawrie Minson Electromatic

Thought I should show you how the M7 looks from the top!
    LM

Attached Files:

17. Fjrabon

Fjrabon Gretschie

Mar 7, 2017
    Atlanta
    IMG_8222.JPG

Just ordered an EHX Lester G with an expression pedal. It comes tomorrow. What I'm hoping will work is to put the power supply attached to the side on the top of the board and move the wah and expression pedal off the board, so I can put the Lester G itself on the board. I actually don't like having the wah on the board anyway and I already have to remove the power supply when I put the board in its bag anyway, so the cables don't break the power supply jack. So this should work out. But I spent like 2 hours of pedal board Tetris getting it to its current configuration, lol.

thunder58 likes this.
  18. giffenf

giffenf Gretschie

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Here's my latest invention:
    [​IMG]

I was under pressure to take up less space on stage, so I thought about putting the pedals back by the amp, and controlling them remotely. So I built a hillbilly approach to a rack system, which I'm either going to call the PedalBox, or the Rackabilly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (this was shot early on in the process of cabling it up, it's meant to show the tuner and wireless receiver mounted in the lid for easy visibility and better wireless reception).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here's the foot controller:
    [​IMG]

Almost forgot the enormous blog post that attempts to document this project, and offers more pictures: http://frankgiffen.com/welcome/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    qrt4004, StJohn, TSims1 and 4 others like this.
  19. GuitarJunkie

GuitarJunkie Gretschie

Feb 22, 2016
    Georgia
    IMG_1673.JPG

The frankenmonster from this morning...
    G10 wireless -> SGC Hippy Joel OD -> EH Crayon OD -> AC-Tone -> HD500X for delays/reverbs/volume pedal -> Straight out to board

Henry and audept like this.
  20. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Friend of Fred

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    this should win a prize, daaaayum Frank! :)

Sarah93003 and giffenf like this.
  21. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Very cool for sure .....would love to see it in action .