Show me your chet atkins guitar or memorabilia

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by musicman100, Oct 31, 2017.

1. salvatore

salvatore Gretschie

Nov 29, 2017
    Durham, NC
    She sounds and plays as good as she looks: 1966 Chet Atkins Nashville.

2. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I own the modern production equivalent, but the sight of one still makes my heart race.

3. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    England
    Beautiful mate

4. Michiel

Michiel Friend of Fred

Jul 29, 2009
    The Netherlands
    My 'ápres-Chet' Southern Belle.

When Chet left Gretsch briefly dubbed these 'Country Squier' and later changed that to Souther Belle. Only 125 were ever made due to the disastrous outsourcing of final assembly to Mexico.

Just got her back from the shop for a full fretboard levelling, refret, binding repair and neck adjustment.

This was one of the unfinished 'Belles - left over stock after Gretsch closed shop in '83 or '84.

When she got to NL the previous owner still had to drill holes for the pots. He mistakenly put a B6 on her which prompted an unneccessary neck reset to improve the break angle of the strings. I replaced that with an original-spec B12, which gave a huge improvement in break angle and sustain.

Pickups are TV Jones (I put the Supertron in) and the pick guard was made by Paul Setzer.

Love this guitar. The neck is both wide and very thin. And with the new frets 'n all, this guitar plays like a dream.[​IMG]

www.elektra-amps.com
    www.facebook.com/elektra.amps

5. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Gorgeous.

6. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    WOW, Ed!! I was fascinated by your coverage of the Country Gent prototype in your "50's" book..... I had no idea that you own it! That's one to die for.... Congratulations!

7. Wayne Gretschzky

Wayne Gretschzky Country Gent

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    Thanks Dan... she's my unicorn, for sure!

8. Billy C

Billy C Country Gent

Aug 17, 2010
    El Mirage Arizona
    RSCN1088.JPG RSCN1083.JPG RSCN1093.JPG RSCN1099.JPG It's a Chet Atkins but not a Gretsch..................it's a Gibson 2000 Chet Atkins STS Acoustic/Electric in mint condition and OHSC.

Attached Files:

9. Billy C

Billy C Country Gent

Aug 17, 2010
    El Mirage Arizona
    My Gretsch Tennessee Rose - 6119. Bought brand new. The only thing done to it is replace the bridge with a Compton Titanium custom fit, Tennessee Rose.JPG Titanium Bridge.JPG which really improved sustain...............

LivingMyDream and Henry like this.
  10. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    DSC_0074E.jpg [​IMG] This is a stock 6122-1959 that I've owned for almost 10 years. The only mod was to swap the stock bridge for a TruArc (copper). Since this photo I replaced that with a TruArc SerpenTune (copper). It remains my Number One guitar!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    LivingMyDream and Billy C like this.
  11. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    With this forum software, the best way is to upload it to your albums and then click the little camera icon. You’ll be able to select your photo from there.

12. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks, Mark! Not sure if I did it correctly.... I used the "upload a file" button and got there.
    I don't know what you mean by "(my) albums". Is "your albums" a function on this site? If so I have not learned about it. Is there a place I can get more info?

13. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    England
    Forgot the guitar it's' the amp I'm liking!

14. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Me too! I've had the amp for 7 years. I still consider it the best amp I've ever played or owned in my 60+ years of guitar-ing. They are VERY hard to find -- I'm not sure if they are still being made or not.....

15. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    There’s a photo album for each member, which greatly simplifies posting pictures. You just click on your username to access your profile and there should be a link under media or albums.
    That’s a Holy Grail amp if there ever was one.

16. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    If life was fair, that amp would belong to Wayne Gretschzky to be matched up with his "unicorn" (aka Country Gent prototype)....

17. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    No kidding.

18. Billy C

Billy C Country Gent

Aug 17, 2010
    El Mirage Arizona
    Perfect match Reedlvr. With that guitar and amp you have a perfect match to really get the sound.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.