Should Gretsch release an Electromatic Billy Bo Poll

Should Gretsch release an Electromatic Billy Bo

• Total voters

BohemianLikeMe

Synchromatic
Apr 18, 2020
Prague, CZ
I wonder if anybody at gretsch is reading this board? They really should. Free market research of bunch of very loyal customers.
Offestguitars.com were partially responsible for the short-lived Bass VI reissue, so never say never.

That said, I doubt we make even a drop in the bucket necessary for the beancounters to sign off on it, as much as I'd love to have one.

BohemianLikeMe

Synchromatic
Apr 18, 2020
Prague, CZ
I'm honestly the opposite. I'd rather gig with an Electromatic because unless I bought the proline for a good deal (which I did 😄) and it has some character, I'd be more reserved gigging with a $3000 guitar than an $850. Plus, mods and tweaks are much easier to swallow on something that isn't worth a good chunk of my rent for the year.

Last edited:

mister rain

Synchromatic
Apr 23, 2020
new orleans
Offestguitars.com were partially responsible for the short-lived Bass VI reissue, so never say never.

That said, I doubt we make even a drop in the bucket necessary for the beancounters to sign off on it, as much as I'd love to have one.
squier is still making vi’s - just saw a reverb ad for an fsr purple sparkle. which is awesome, but not as much as my twang bass.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Absolutely not!!!

The Limited Edition ''specials'' have to remain just that...limited and special...

If you want an inexpensive Billy Bo...buy one of Asian copies...$350. range, buy some correct fittings, and there you have it!

There is even one available now that has the front of the body finished like Billy Gibbon's ''western jacket''

If there was a Billy Bo Electromatic, what you would get would be the same as these others anyway.

BIB

Last edited: