Shell Pink Jets at Chicago Music Exchange

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by SpaceCowboy, Aug 13, 2020.

1. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Personally I like it.

Dang nice looking git, especially at the price point.

Merc likes this.
  2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I'll gladly take the original tail piece off your hands!

3. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa Cruz

PM me your address and I will send it to you. You can just PayPal me the shipping cost after I send it.

4. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Electromatic

Aug 16, 2019
    Austin
    Alright, order placed! Now I just sit back and wait. . .

for 10 months . . . . . .
    [​IMG]

mrfixitmi and Merc like this.
  5. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Does anyone know if these are still available? the pink and blue in the single cut aren't up on the CME website anymore and was going to talk to them about pre ordering one yesterday but got caught up at work and didn't call, did the same thing today, I sent a message yesterday over their webpage but haven't heard back.

6. aFriendbFrosty

aFriendbFrosty Gretschie

May 22, 2020
    West Coast
    Oh wow, that's weird.
    They also pulled the single cuts from their Reverb store.

7. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Maybe no orders, maybe sold out.

Calling them will get the answer.

8. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yeah I have set a reminder from myself to call them first thing in the morning, the only thing I can think off is maybe they have pulled the add due to the specs being wrong in the description as there were a few things that weren't correct, otherwise then maybe they are sold out but I didn't think they would go that quick.

9. aFriendbFrosty

aFriendbFrosty Gretschie

May 22, 2020
    West Coast
    I'd be surprised if they sold out that quickly. But then again, I would have gone for a single cut over the others as well.

Good Luck! Hopefully it's just a simple reset of the info.

10. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida

Post back with what you hear.

11. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    I pre-ordered a double jet, as a younger sibling to the champagne 6129, and the 6128-62. Since the original champagne sparkle G6129T-62 was stolen at a gig, I want to support charity events, but it makes me a little nervous to use the new Champagne G6129T-1962. It was difficult to find a replacement. We don't really need another guitar, but for this price, it was too attractive to pass up.

Ando and Merc like this.
  12. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’m not sure if it was recent but that’s horrible to hear about the stolen G6129.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  13. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Electromatic

Aug 16, 2019
    Austin
    I got an email Monday from CME saying they took the single cut listing down because they had only intended to pre-sell two.

14. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    So I spoke to a very helpful guy at CME and he told me that they have over 40 pink 5230s on order and they are due to arrive in May 2021, he wasn't sure why the pre order option was taken down of the website so he is going to find out and let me know, looks like I won;t be missing out then, well my daughter anyway ;).

15. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    Thank You for your kind sentiments. The theft happened about 4 years ago at a Cancer relief charity in which someone's wife lost her job, and got breast cancer two months later. Her husband was on layoff, so they ran out of their savings quickly.
    We didn't realize it was missing until we unloaded the truck that night. Since we were one of several Bands that night, it grew legs and walked off from behind the stage at some point. I was looking for a replacement for over 3 years. Someone from this Forum graciously sold me his.

People from this site are the best people, and I try to look to the positive side of life. The guy that sold me his Champagne, got a big opportunity to be a hero. There are several heroes on this site like you who are in my stellar human beings book, and I thank you!

16. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Theft of anything is terrible but for that to happen at a charity event is next level wrong, really feel for you considering you were doing a very kind act and that happened.

mrfixitmi and Merc like this.
  17. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    You’re a bit too kind towards me but I agree, there are some real stand up people here for sure. To include whomever the seller was for your champagne. I’m really glad it worked out for you.

18. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Electromatic

Aug 16, 2019
    Austin
    oh snap, just got CME shipping notification on this!! :):):)

radd and mrcoffee23 like this.
  19. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Electromatic

Aug 16, 2019
    Austin
    Here we go!! The setup from CME was excellent, plays great right out of the box. The switch and tuners seem nicer than on my older Jets. I wasn't sure about the big block inlays but seeing it in person I'm liking it a lot and it should look great with the cream pearloid pickguard and truss rod cover I have on order.
    [​IMG]

20. Wjensen

Wjensen Gretschie

May 25, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Glad you like it Space Cowboy!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.