Setzer and the Flying Vees

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
I know there’s a bunch of Setzer fans here. Maybe it’s been posted but I just stumbled on a Setzer show two months back. The sounds not great but it’s Setzer. Here’s two new ones. The YouTube channel has the rest of the set with standard songs.

6120mantis

Country Gent
Mar 6, 2011
nj
I wish I could have made this show, I was in Northern Minnesota that day, if I was closer I would have tried to go. Would have loved to see him in a small venue

6120mantis

Country Gent
Mar 6, 2011
nj
I noticed in a few videos his signal gets a bit staticy... wonder if it was the gretsch ot the bassman.

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
I wish I could have made this show, I was in Northern Minnesota that day, if I was closer I would have tried to go. Would have loved to see him in a small venue

Even with the bar and restaurant seating, that would’ve be amazingly cool in such a small place. Here’s a random photo I pulled online. I don’t believe this event was really advertised but could be wrong. I check his website one and a while for shows or news. C7077DD2-4300-4546-8243-2229E3ED78DC.jpeg

Last edited:

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
I noticed in a few videos his signal gets a bit staticy... wonder if it was the gretsch ot the bassman.

It’s hard to say and looks like he only took one Bassman with no back up. I have the feeling maybe Brian eats at this joint and knows the owners. It seems low key enough I’m not so sure he brought his tech even. It all makes me wonder if Brian’s just trying to dust off his fingers for shows or testing the waters live with these two. Or if with his tinnitus he’s looking to do smaller venues. I bet Brian loved the more personal gig as much as the people there.

Last edited:

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Double Platinum Member
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
I know there’s a bunch of Setzer fans here. Maybe it’s been posted but I just stumbled on a Setzer show two months back. The sounds not great but it’s Setzer. Here’s two new ones. The YouTube channel has the rest of the set with standard songs.

who was doing the sound in this place, oh my gaaaaash! :(

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
who was doing the sound in this place, oh my gaaaaash! :(

It doesn’t sound like anyone was. Although the video is likely done on a phone. And it’s so close with the Bassman pointed directly that maybe it’s got something to do with it. I wouldn’t have minded hearing Brian’s smooth voice. It’s difficult to make out the new lyrics!

Do you have any insider knowledge of him working on more new material?

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Double Platinum Member
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
I just dm'd you.. he's given us tidbits over the last year on social, but I think he like most are waiting out the funny business before they invest in tours again?

Byron

Country Gent
Sep 4, 2009
uk
Funny how we all move from one guitar to another, try different amps, pedals etc. And there he is with the gear he's played most of his life . Same sound, big stage or little stage. I get the impression that the music and guitar playing comes first and he still has that passion for writing and playing

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Double Platinum Member
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
Funny how we all move from one guitar to another, try different amps, pedals etc. And there he is with the gear he's played most of his life . Same sound, big stage or little stage. I get the impression that the music and guitar playing comes first and he still has that passion for writing and playing
dont sell him short as he is gear obsessed! :)

JHowdy

Country Gent
Nov 16, 2013
Finland
Thanks for posting these videos! Real intimate (personal) and real cool at the same time. I guess it'll have to be Minnesota where you can see an upright bass with the Finnish flag on it... Who is that bassist called Tommy Vee?

Byron

Country Gent
Sep 4, 2009
uk
We know he sold a fair amount of guitars, guess he had his reasons but I think it's a common experience for the over 60s....why all this gear? I sold tons of stuff, I lost the buzz of having to own something. Or at least, after a while I felt no attachment. Apart from my Firefly Crossroads of course! ;)