sentimental fool

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by thespacediner, Sep 30, 2011.

1. DrumBob

DrumBob Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    New Jersey
    Just keep the guitar, dude. You love it too much to sell it.

2. thespacediner

thespacediner Gretschie

Dec 29, 2010
    canada
    5120's are fatter in the depth than the falcons right?

3. Crocodile in space

Crocodile in space Electromatic

Sep 4, 2011
    Great Britain
    You are DEFINITELY doing the right thing, thespacediner! I have had two or three really special guitars which meant a lot to me personally, even though they weren't necessarily my best guitars. Sold them all, of course, to buy "something better", and I have never stopped kicking myself since! :eek:

The pinstripes on that guitar are lovely. Keep it, love it, and see how far you can go together. Very cool story too - thankyou for sharing it with us!

4. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    KEEP IT, KEEP IT, KEEP IT !

It is a part of your family, the pinstriping and the space scene are perfect. Besides, you wouldn't think of replacing your kids, or animals because the have scars. This guitar is better with it's custom beautiful art-work, can it really be replaced?

I had a 1961 Chet Atkins that was pretty beat up. I was 14, and I stained and repainted it a walnut color to give it the George Harrison Country Gentleman look. My Grandmother sewed a pad for the back like George's. There were some days that I felt that the Gretsch was my only friend.
    I traded it in on a new blue metallic strat when I turned 17. What a fool I was. I could never find that guitar again.

Do yourself a favor and keep it.

5. thespacediner

thespacediner Gretschie

Dec 29, 2010
    canada
    i'm using a few hundred bucks i've saved up (i actually did that!) to upgrade to tv jones and a chet arm which i'll fit a little eight ball to. i'm a jeweller who does lost wax casting at home in my studio (think custom knobs) and during the day i'm a helicopter structures technician so i can metal fab literally anything i want. i will cut out a custom jack plate out of stainless that looks like flames. basically i'm moving in and starting renovations on my little friend. i have a site with all my art on it called "the space diner" hence my user name

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.