See ya later resonator!

BrianW

Country Gent
Oct 21, 2014
Vancouver Island
In a while guitarophile.

Had a moment of weakness this afternoon after dropping Small Boy off for drum lessons and came home with an Ozark dobro.

I’ve had a resonator before, but it had a really horrible action that I couldn’t tame with string changes. This one is light as a feather. Happy fun guitar!

Looks like fun, great setting for the pic! Need a good pair of shades in the sun however ;-) Enjoy!

cheers

dspellman

Gretschie
Jul 4, 2020
Los Angeles
In a while guitarophile.

Had a moment of weakness this afternoon after dropping Small Boy off for drum lessons and came home with an Ozark dobro.

I’ve had a resonator before, but it had a really horrible action that I couldn’t tame with string changes. This one is light as a feather. Happy fun guitar!
I'm saving up for a Trussart Steelphonic. It's got a "candy box" under the bridge and piezo body bits that can be blended into the magnetic pickups. My favorite finish (these are steel bodied guitars with maple necks) is "Rust-on Cream snakeskin." How cool is that for a guitar designed for swampy sounds? https://jamestrussart.com/products/rust-on-cream-snakeskin-steelphonic-1?variant=40275050889373

DSC_7375.jpg

Lou Coppolino

Synchromatic
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
I'm saving up for a Trussart Steelphonic. It's got a "candy box" under the bridge and piezo body bits that can be blended into the magnetic pickups. My favorite finish (these are steel bodied guitars with maple necks) is "Rust-on Cream snakeskin." How cool is that for a guitar designed for swampy sounds? https://jamestrussart.com/products/rust-on-cream-snakeskin-steelphonic-1?variant=40275050889373

View attachment 187142

I was fortunate to order this Trussart Steelphonic, sight unseen, from GC in Nashville.

2008trussartsteelphonic.jpg

Lou Coppolino

Synchromatic
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
In a while guitarophile.

I’ve had a resonator before, but it had a really horrible action that I couldn’t tame with string changes. This one is light as a feather. Happy fun guitar! View attachment 187121

Congrats.

I parted with my early 90's OMI wooden Dobro and did a trade with the devil (GC).

They lied to me that it wouldn't be listed as vintage.

It was listed as vintage and was sold immediately.

I still have my M33 Dobro.

Since it isn't fretted, I'm using a hybrid set starting with an .017 high E string.

Falconetti

Gretschie
Sep 18, 2012
Bagsville, Oxford UK
Nice guitar. Congrats. I was heavily into the reso sound a few years ago. I did a lot of roots blues stuff and played mostly slide. I use to haul 2 National Resophonic Style O guitars to gigs as well as an acoustic and a Tele. I must have been mad. No volume control and they are feedback machines at decent volumes but if you persevere and get the rig just right the sound they make is unlike anything else. I sold them both recently and bought an ES 335 Memphis to ease the pain and sense of loss.

Out
IMG_7688.jpeg

In
6DEE280C-2600-419C-B7B4-DD9B88392D7F.jpg 9C2EC889-741E-43D3-B143-4187C304428D.jpg