Schecter Coupe : Looks like a G6120/G6122

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by ZackyDog, May 27, 2020.

1. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    I am posting this separately from Serenity's post, in the hope of getting some comments on why Schecter is using a B3---with an extension bar? Why wouldn't they just use the larger, B6?

[​IMG]

Beautiful looking and sounding, at least from what I hear in the demonstration video.

Trash Kidd and Jeff67 like this.
  2. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    That's a B70 (the imported version of a B7). The bar is there to hold the strings down, which is necessary on guitars with shallower neck angles. The shallow neck angle means that the bridge has to sit lower, which in turn reduces the angle from the bridge to the tailpiece. If that angle is too shallow, the strings won't stay put. So they use a Bigsby with a tension-roller to hold them down.

montereyjack66 and ZackyDog like this.
  3. sgarnett

sgarnett Gretschie

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    Good call, judging by the photos. The bridge is directly mounted to the top with threaded inserts. It sits low, and both pickups appear to be at the same height.

ZackyDog and section2 like this.
  4. Jeff67

Jeff67 Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    I didn't know Schecter made any hollows or semi- hollows. Looks great in Dark Emerald Green with that gold hardware. Schecter Coup.png

ZackyDog and section2 like this.
  5. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Uh oh. Mr. Gretsch, you might want to take notice that it comes with a jack plate. ;)

It's nice, but not quite a Gretsch. For those currently using a Gretsch hollowbody in a non-traditional way, though, it's a nice guitar.

Merc and ZackyDog like this.
  6. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Cool guitar. The sparkle binding is very Falconesque.

Jeff67 and ZackyDog like this.
  7. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Right; I am familiar with that (re: angle from bridge to tailpiece). I am deducing that the body is sloped/shaped (near the bottom) "steeply" so that fitting a B6 (like on a G5420t, G6120) is not feasible.

upload_2020-5-29_0-34-43.png

Maybe it's also a way---along with the headstock---that they avoid and copyright infringement with Gretsch?

8. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Does anyone know where this guitar is made? I'm curious.

9. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    > Indonesia <link

10. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

ZackyDog likes this.
  11. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Been waiting a few years now for the Coupe to be made in a color I like, no luck yet... :(

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.