Scammers on Reverb

6stings

Friend of Fred
Aug 14, 2010
Norway
I joined Reverb recently, selling some of my son's gear, he wants to buy a bike...

2 Reverb members tried to scam me, it didn't work for them.

Am I allowed to post scammer's user/shop names, names, address and email?

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Am I allowed to post scammer's user/shop names, names, address and email?
There was a recent thread regarding a scam . User name ( here at G-T ) , full name , address , and phone number were displayed . I removed phone number .
No phone numbers please . With over 24,000 members here , it's for the safety / courtesy for all .

6stings

Friend of Fred
Aug 14, 2010
Norway
Hey Thunder, I have no idea if those 2 er members here, I had to deal with them only on Reverb. To post their names and all, but no phones?

Last edited:

6stings

Friend of Fred
Aug 14, 2010
Norway
I would suggest contacting Reverb, alert them.
Reverb and PayPal were alerted.
My thought was that it would be good to warn forum members about them. And not only this forum, where I have had great pleasure to meet friends and deal with good people from US, Europe and Australia.

Last edited:

6stings

Friend of Fred
Aug 14, 2010
Norway
Here's the one!
Reverb user name: Xthc
Call himself: David
Email: [email protected]

This person claims not to have PayPal account and will try to use an old scammer's move 'make a deposit in order to release the bank payment'. And some crazy story about buying a present to a son graduated at the music school in Germany :)

52953177-43CB-4F6E-9032-9A3FB4D88A96.jpeg

6stings

Friend of Fred
Aug 14, 2010
Norway
Here's the other one!
Reverb shop: Guitar Parts Central
Name: Ryan Ingram
(I have his address, email and phone)

This guy buys a lot on Reverb, excellent feedback as a buyer, but doesn't sell.
Well, he might be a nice guy when dealing in US, but he definitely tried to take advantage on overseas seller!

He paid for the guitar on PayPal, but claimed that he never received the item and then requested a PayPal refund.
Cearly tried to get both the guitar and the money back.

I escalated the case, attached all tracking docs and the proof of delivery from USPS, which clarly showed the delvery and his signature.

His trick was to somehow move the delivery to the USPS office 15 min from his home and claims that the item was delivered to the wrong postal code. And some stupid story served to PayPal.

Didn't work, PayPal didn't buy his story and decided in my favor in 10 minutes.
I have a bunch of snapshots from Reverb, but since almost all of then are with his address and phone, I'm not attaching them.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
This guy buys a lot on Reverb, excellent feedback as a buyer, but doesn't sell.

His trick was to somehow move the delivery to the USPS office 15 min from his home and claims that the item was delivered to the wrong postal code.

This is a weird one to me. "Excellent feedback as a buyer" and then goes rogue?

A lot of parcel deliveries have a option to move the day or time of delivery and sometimes the address, but that means someone had access to his delivery details or account. It could happen I suppose.

6stings

Friend of Fred
Aug 14, 2010
Norway
I don't know what happened, Rich. I believe he had a plan from the start.
The guy didn't respond to any of my messages at all. I sent him messages on Reverb about shipping and emails with all photos about packing the guitar and hardshell case, cardboard box, shipping label, customs declaration, as I always do.
When the USPS tracking showed that it was delivered, I messaged him about that too. No reply.
I waited a day and contacted Reverb about the lack of communication with the buyer. They contacted him and then a message from him popped up - 'I didn't receive the item.'
I sent him all trackin info again - no response.
Long story shorter:
He just opened the refund claim on PayPal, without any communication with me.
As I said before, I had all proof that he got the guitar and PayPal decided in my favor.
I sent him a message after the whole thing ended, that I was going to warn all guitar and gear fora about him - he never responded on that message either.

As I said, he may be straight in US, but, man, he did try to fool me. Didn't work.

If he is a member here, let him talk!

Latest posts