Saving Old Concert Ticket Stubs

Pemberton

Gretschie
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
Remember the days when you actually got a physical concert ticket and not some scan code on your phone?

Anyone else saved old concert ticket stubs? I have a stack of them. I had forgotten that I went to see some performers multiple times.

Looking back I’m glad that I had the chance to see the ones that are no longer with us: Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Ventures, Dick Dale, etc.

C38E8A03-4D0F-445D-AAAB-3C5FB9CBAD20.jpeg

Highroller

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Yeah, I have an old business card wallet stuffed full of 'em. A lot of them have faded to the point I can barely read them anymore, but they're there - concerts, football games, festivals, whatever event gave me a stub.

Looking at 'em now, I see I used to go to the 9:30 Club in DC a lot. That was a great place to see a show!

Ticket-Wallet.jpg

Pemberton

Gretschie
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
I think this is the first one I saved (my second show - first one being the Stray Cats).

U2 in Detroit 1983 (War album tour). Smaller theater, before they grew to only playing stadiums.

Price $10.50, and my friend and I made our way right up front next to the stage. We could feel Bono’s spit when he sang, and I remember being grossed out by that.

Although I went on to see them live another 5 times over the years (much further back from the stage, of course).

20DFADB6-BE9D-4602-B480-F090452DF428.jpeg

speedicut

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2012
Alabama
stubs 1.jpg
stubs 2.jpg

Here are the only ones I kept..
The Civic Arena Pittsburgh stubs are The Outlaws with The Michael Stanley Band opening but they were sick so in stepped Nick Guilder ( Hot Child In The City ) who got booed off stage after a couple of songs, Foreigner with opener Journey ( great show!), and Boz Scaggs with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes.
Worst concert shown was Bob Dylan, hands down.
Marvin Hamlisch was great, couldn't believe it!
Barbara Mandrell was awesome too ( during one song she ran around the stage and played every instrument including drums!
Missing stubs include The Police in 1978 or 1979, Allman Brothers about 1990, Crosby Stills and Nash ( worse concert ever! )
I worked for Union Programs at the Univ. Of Alabama in 1980-82 and we had ZZ Top, Mother's Finest, Beach Boys, Kool And The Gang, Commodores, Oak Ridge Boys ( I had a road rage incident with two of them on the way to the Kinks concert in Nashville 1983) , Emmylou Harris who was a SWEETHEART!, and some I'm not sober enough to remember..

drmilktruck

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Double Platinum Member
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
I wish I had. For the last few years, I've been creating iTunes playlists for each concert I saw, using setlist.fm. I've started going back in time, to fill in older concerts.

Some collect t-shirts, but most are forgettable and ridiculously expensive. At the recent Doobie Brothers concert, they were $50. (It's a Hanes t-shirt, which sells for $21.99 for 6 at Target!)

Lou Coppolino

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
Ticket prices are way up.

I'm an old coot and I recall buying tickets at Ye Old Selective Service shop to see Steppenwolf; Ten Wheel Drive and Luther Alison at the Fillmore East for less than $15.00 for 2.

IMO, I'll buy the CD/Album or have someone gift me a pair of tickets.