Santana Zebop Wireless headphones to help the Milagro Foundation.

Roy Clark

Synchromatic
Jun 16, 2017
Bat cave.
OK I got a new set of wireless headphones. Santana Zebop to help the Milagro Foundation, originally established by Carlos Santana and his family in 1998, has granted more than eight million dollars to non-profit agencies supporting underserved children and youth around the world in the areas of arts, education and health. Milagro means “miracle,” and the image of children as divine miracles of light and hope—gifts to our lives—is the inspiration behind its name.

Beyond music, in the lifestyle and entertainment realm, River Of Colors (ROC) has enjoyed tremendous success with the Carlos by Carlos Santana and Unity by Carlos Santana brand names. Founded in 1997, ROC is dedicated to bringing products to market that embody the passion and integrity of Carlos Santana—and that are true to his distinctive style and taste. As a Santana brand partner, Action Products Worldwide donates a portion of its proceeds to Carlos Santana’s Milagro Foundation.

OK so the headphones was under 25 dollars. Great deal. And Santana is a great guitar player, human being and a great person. He also started the PRS SE line years ago. They headphones feel really nice and are easy to par with your phone, PC, anything that has Blue Tooth in it. They feel like proper headphones. Not cheap disposable junk. And they are one of the nicest pair of headphones I own. And I own many sets of Headphones. I really like them. 🥰😍😘🤩

1647246187672.png

Roy Clark

Synchromatic
Jun 16, 2017
Bat cave.
I'll look into these. Carlos, aside from being a superb musician, is a great human being.
They are so nice. I found mine at Ross Dress For Less. And I would love the other pair as well. They are more expensive. But the money goes to help a great foundation. They are nice quality headphones not disposable junk.

Last edited:

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
They are so nice. I found mine at Ross Dress For Less. And I would love the other pair as well. They are more expensive. But the money goes to help a great foundation. They are nice quality headphones not disposable junk.
I've spent many hours with my head encased in earphones. Often ICOM headsets, with plastic earpieces that cause you ear sweat (what a joy!) for hours at a time. Lousy sound quality, wildly various levels from 40 or so people screaming into the mikes all make for a delightful experience.
While mixing sound, I've learned to love my Sony MDX cans. Flat response, top quality, and comfortable. I've used many different headphones and can spot junk a mile away. Beats are some of the most expensive and are some of the worst. They're weighted just to make you feel that they're worth the outrageous expense. Turns out that the single most expensive part in Beats earphones is the package.
I'll check Carlos' units out. Quality and a good reason to buy them makes a difference.

Roy Clark

Synchromatic
Jun 16, 2017
Bat cave.
I've spent many hours with my head encased in earphones. Often ICOM headsets, with plastic earpieces that cause you ear sweat (what a joy!) for hours at a time. Lousy sound quality, wildly various levels from 40 or so people screaming into the mikes all make for a delightful experience.
While mixing sound, I've learned to love my Sony MDX cans. Flat response, top quality, and comfortable. I've used many different headphones and can spot junk a mile away. Beats are some of the most expensive and are some of the worst. They're weighted just to make you feel that they're worth the outrageous expense. Turns out that the single most expensive part in Beats earphones is the package.
I'll check Carlos' units out. Quality and a good reason to buy them makes a difference.
Wow you have some great experience with headphones. You might not like these? I got a set of Sony big over the ear headphones one year from my uncle. They were the best I ever owned. I still have a old water proof walkman. Does not work. Expensive it was. My dad bought it years ago. He normally he would not do that. It means something to me. And I still have a set of Sony speakers that plugged into a walkman since high school. They still work as great as they always did. So I have a lot of headphones. But none really expensive. So I like mine. But you seem to be a better judge than me on audio headphone equipment.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Wow you have some great experience with headphones. You might not like these? I got a set of Sony big over the ear headphones one year from my uncle. They were the best I ever owned. I still have a old water proof walkman. Does not work. Expensive it was. My dad bought it years ago. He normally he would not do that. It means something to me. And I still have a set of Sony speakers that plugged into a walkman since high school. They still work as great as they always did. So I have a lot of headphones. But none really expensive. So I like mine. But you seem to be a better judge than me on audio headphone equipment.
I've worked with headphones for decades. Started off with the old-style Brush units with metal diaphragms and telephone/military versions. I actually liked the foam earpiece style as they let you hear outside sounds and aren't as damaging to your eardrums. They don't isolate outside sounds, so, they're not suitable for some uses. I use headphones sparingly as they're a necessary evil. Anything that close to your ears where you can't easily vary the sound level are damaging. Ear buds are the worst thing you can do to your ears this side of piccolo snares, crash cymbals, jet aircraft and artillery.
My Sony MDX phones are great---I've had them for over 20 years and still have the original carry bag for them. They're industry standard for sound guys due to their flat response. I don't claim to be a great judge of things, but I know what works for me. If your ears ring after using phones, then they're too loud. Something doesn't have to be expensive to be good. Beats are pricey, and overrated. You're your own best judge.

Roy Clark

Synchromatic
Jun 16, 2017
Bat cave.
I've worked with headphones for decades. Started off with the old-style Brush units with metal diaphragms and telephone/military versions. I actually liked the foam earpiece style as they let you hear outside sounds and aren't as damaging to your eardrums. They don't isolate outside sounds, so, they're not suitable for some uses. I use headphones sparingly as they're a necessary evil. Anything that close to your ears where you can't easily vary the sound level are damaging. Ear buds are the worst thing you can do to your ears this side of piccolo snares, crash cymbals, jet aircraft and artillery.
My Sony MDX phones are great---I've had them for over 20 years and still have the original carry bag for them. They're industry standard for sound guys due to their flat response. I don't claim to be a great judge of things, but I know what works for me. If your ears ring after using phones, then they're too loud. Something doesn't have to be expensive to be good. Beats are pricey, and overrated. You're your own best judge.
I have tinnitus. I hear a air hose and radio static. I got it from a really heavy Johnson modeling amp. Me and my Facebook friend Scott Grove use that brand. I have other amps though. And it give me visual snow syndrome. I was going blind. I seen snow and blackness. God heled me of that 1 thing. Here is a video and a example of what I saw. I still have tinnitus.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I have tinnitus. I hear a air hose and radio static. I got it from a really heavy Johnson modeling amp. Me and my Facebook friend Scott Grove use that brand. I have other amps though. And it give me visual snow syndrome. I was going blind. I seen snow and blackness. God heled me of that 1 thing. Here is a video and a example of what I saw. I still have tinnitus.

That's really rough. I've some hearing loss due to working with high powered PA gear for decades. I think my wife mumbles on purpose, tho. Years of ICOM headphones and loud rock and roll have taken their toll. Air Force jets didn't help, either. My vision got so bad that I couldn't drive or read. Cataract surgery on both eyes fixed that problem. Growing old is a PITA.