Salut les Gretscheux !!!

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Poulou, Apr 13, 2021.

1. SAguitar

SAguitar Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2020
    Jack Plate, Oregon
    Congratulations, and best of luck! You cannot overpack a guitar for shipment, double boxing it with layers of foam in between everything can help. May it go well for you, and welcome to G-T!

Poulou likes this.
  2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Welcome! We like pictures, so show off your Gretsch!

Poulou likes this.
  3. Gregor

Gregor Synchromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Another welcome from "We the North".
    You're repurchasing guitars while I repurchased my present house after 15 years...fortunately it was just next door and it didn't need to be "shipped "lol.

Poulou, Patledoc and Archtops like this.
  4. Archtops

Archtops Gretschie

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Don’t fret! Let’s have faith that it will arrive in perfect condition. Best of luck!

Poulou likes this.
  5. Poulou

Poulou Electromatic

Apr 12, 2021
    There
    I like this one
    We exchanged messages today and he’s now busy but cares a lot about that affair .
    I’m quite confident.
    It’s just... I can’t wait .

Archtops likes this.
  6. kpnash

kpnash Electromatic

List of guitars I bought and traded during recent years via post:

- Gretsch Duo Jet CG (shipped from abroad)
    - Fender Jimmy Vaughan Strat
    - Ibanez Artcore (bought then sold and shipped)
    - Another Ibanez Artcore (also bought then sold and shipped, seems no love for Ibanez here...)
    - Orange O-Bass (shipped from abroad)
    - Yamaha Pacifica
    - An acoustic Washburn

Had ZERO issues with the post. Makes me smiling when I hear people being afraid to post guitars (keeping in mind packages are typically insured, plus you get buyer protection from eBay/PayPal/Reverb, whatever you use).

Congrats on the 5129! I have a 5127 (same thing, different color), it's a KILLER guitar! Have just ordered a funny pin-up truss rod cover for that btw.

Poulou likes this.
  7. Poulou

Poulou Electromatic

Apr 12, 2021
    There
    I bought and received myself so mutch guitars and bass guitar ( even a double bass !!) by post and never had any trouble, like the previous G5129 that I send after I don’t know what kind of crisis , or weakness, that made me blind and crazy to get rid of it.

anyway, that seller is a cool cat: he did send the parcel today and I may receive it Monday.

To make the wait more sweet , I managed to find a little buddy to welcome the guitar.
    A retired guy , a very cool and nice person, sells me an old Italian Amp that he bought in 1975, witch is almost mint !
    It’s a Galanti amp, a 30w tube amp with trem, spring reverb , 12 ” speaker and sounds like it’s new . He made me a very good price and it’s actually exactly the kind of stuff I was expecting, but I thought I would find it later...
    I go to pick it up tomorrow

Ricochet and JeffreyLeePierre like this.
  8. Poulou

Poulou Electromatic

Apr 12, 2021
    There
    2ED5C17C-A9BB-47D8-8DC9-9C8F2183B9C6.jpeg BCC5FAC4-5C32-4D50-9C90-5E491EA042BE.jpeg CC81CE20-EF59-4759-AE2A-FFF166E1CF10.jpeg 6D1BF163-2945-49B4-B72D-82D5E340C1F4.jpeg Here comes the Red one.

At least .
    It had to come to me anyway... as I was waiting for the postman to bring me the « Mummy », I suddenly saw my mailbox and understood that I missed him ! How it is possible ! I just found the ticket saying that the parcel would be available tomorrow at the post office.
    So I got straight crazy and, first ran into the street after him to find... nobody
    Jumped into my car and started to roll over the whole village, taking every streets, trying to catch his ass !

After a few minutes decided to ask at the post office where would he be now. They told me he’s already away in another village.
    I flew.
    Found him, he’s like « Hey I knocked the door, shouted , nothing ».
    It’s true that I’m working on a jazz project , and need to go forward for tomorrow ( and need that f&@&? guitar !) for a rehearsal and stuff, so I was playing when I waited for him.
    Anyway.

The unboxing is another long story that I spare you.

I just can say I’m happy, relieved, and in no way disappointed.
    I recovered my red one. Not exactly the same, tiny differences, but that feel and sound are there. I just stopped playing it as I was doing since jour hours.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  9. Back in Black

Back in Black Synchromatic

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Poulou,

Welcome!

If you need help regarding jack plates, cases, and Jets, we may be able to help!

We can really help if you like Jets that are full of holes!

Your vernacular indicates, you're going to fit right in!

BIB

Burnout.jpg

Poulou likes this.
  10. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Congratulations.
    DeArmond 2000 really are great pickups.

Poulou, j.s.c and audept like this.
  11. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congrats, very nice!

Poulou likes this.
  12. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Hello Poulou and welcome to Gretsch-Talk, glad to have you join us.
    Looks like your new guitar survived the shipping quite well. Enjoy that great looking guitar.

Poulou likes this.
  13. JeffreyLeePierre

Did you swap the original roller bridge yourself or it had been done by the previous owner?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  14. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    No rollerbridge from factory one these ones but a wider rocking bridge also on a taller Wood base as the neck extension is also taller than pro series => a slightly prononced neck angle, i don't know why...

JeffreyLeePierre likes this.
  15. JeffreyLeePierre

Poulou likes this.
  16. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    No, I don't know what is regular or not, but that's not from factory ... an after-market mod...
    As the tulip tuners and the strange washers on the headstock tuners' holes ... too big to be a good sign (probably holes've been widen to 10mm for modern tuners, then retro fitted with vintage style gibson klusons. Meh...)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Poulou and JeffreyLeePierre like this.
  17. Poulou

Poulou Electromatic

Apr 12, 2021
    There
    I didn’t , and the previous owner told me that the first owner told him (hhhh...) that it’s entirely stock.
    By the way it’s in awesome state . Except 1 or 2 little traces it seems to be released from factory last month.
    I’m impressed also because, as said another GretschTalker in another subject, the sides on that series are indeed very thin.
    On mine there is a tiny crack around the output plug and I remember that on my previous G5129 one day some gear falled from an amp down to the guitar and it almost made a hole in it!
    I thinck those guitars are pretty fragile.

18. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    To be 100% clear the bridge you have on this poulou's red babe, is the stock rocking bridge of the 512x serie (which is approx same but wider than original vintage specs).

[​IMG]

Then this second red has a roller bridge which isn't from gretsch (probably asian production of different quality, some are good, some are very bad).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  19. Poulou

Poulou Electromatic

Apr 12, 2021
    There
    I know that kind of bridge...It's not my taste to set it on a gretsch IMHO .
    Or maybe it's better than a True Arc ?
    for now I'm Happy with that guitar.
    That's true : keeping it in tune is tiring, but before swapping the bridge I would take a look at the nut, maybe resizing it a bit, and...Yes, as I read it in other GTers reviews, that the wood embasis of the bridge moves a lot. I may glue it if it keeps on moving around...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.