Rowin 2.4G Rechargeable Guitar Wireless Transmitter Receiver System.

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Roy Clark, Feb 9, 2021.

1. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    You can always use a little extension if the device does not fit in the slanted strat-type jack so you can run it up to the guitar strap a bit so it is more couch-friendly...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SSKK4WG/
    Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 11.49.00 AM.png

Jena, El Marin and Henry like this.
  2. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    I'm going to get this soon so I will let you know if it a good or not? A guy orders my stuff because he has a account and then he gets paid from us.

Jena likes this.
  3. jfassett

jfassett Synchromatic

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    I think you'll have fun with them! I like the freedom of being able to go into the kitchen and make a sandwich whilst jamming, ha!

Jena likes this.
  4. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Strats have a Padilla inspired jack plate. You can drive a car over it and they never pull out.

Jena likes this.
  5. MentalTossFlycoon

MentalTossFlycoon Gretschie

Dec 22, 2018
    Texas
    I would like to know if they are frequency hopping or direct for coupling. If direct would probably take a pass.....gonna be trying reject every cell phone signal in the area. If frequency hopping, might better reject outside signals.

6. ishtar

ishtar Country Gent

This isn't an answer to your question, but I have the xvive u2 units, and the transmitter can fit into the strat jack, but my tremolo arm needs to be in a higher resting position and I could see some players finding that somewhat obstructing. I am used to having my tree arm relatively tight, so when I am not using it, I push it down as far as possible and it stays put. It almost interferes with the second tone knob's access, but I can do alright with that limitation.

Hey, no lefty wisecracks, please! ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jena, Randy99CL and GlenP like this.
  7. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque

Jena and ishtar like this.
  8. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    I just ran into a video review of some less expensive wireless units. It's only a couple months old so should be current models. Only watched parts of it and jumped to the end but the guy has used them for years and seems to know what he's talking about.
    He recommends buying two sets, in two different frequency bands, so one will work when the other doesn't. He recommends one for $60 and one for $40 so $100 for two sets.
    What is the BEST Cheap Wireless Guitar System? - YouTube

9. Londoner

Londoner Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    UK
    Interesting video. Still glad I settled on the brown Ammoons. Might think about getting the 2.4 as well if we ever start gigging again.
    If I use it with a Strat, I can fold it down away from the arm if it gets in the way.
    (Hey, I'm a lefty too)!
    IMG_8071.jpeg IMG_8070.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    GlenP likes this.
  10. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    In theory it should work.

I've dealt with tons of wireless over the years. Our theater would buy batteries by the case. It's amazing how fast batteries can go. If you're using rechargeable types, keeping them powered up is imperative. I don't implicitly trust wireless completely. That's adding in layers of potential thing that could go wrong. I trust a wire. Sure, wireless gives you a lot of freedom of movement, but I'd rather have a circuit I can trust.

Eventually, there may be issues with the FCC. All transmitters are supposed to be licensed. Due to the low output power of these, it may not a problem---yet. The spectrum is limited, and crowded. That's why we went to digital TV and radio transmitting as they take far less room than analog. The space is needed for cellular phone traffic, Blue Tooth devices, and the like.

MentalTossFlycoon likes this.
  11. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Been using a set for over a year. Some amps don't like them and you'll get an audible whine. Other than that, they've never failed as long I I charge them beforehand. They are perfect for rehearsals.

12. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    When I get mine I will keep them. And like I said my first set. ;)

13. crossthestyx

crossthestyx Electromatic

Oct 20, 2020
    not here
    Just get it. If you've done some research on that price range, and are not going to spend more than $50 bucks, this really isn't even a discussion. The major difference with low cost wireless systems, and high cost systems is going to be range.

Jena likes this.
  14. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin, US
    Wireless has its place. Cords seem to multiply in the dark. Even simple solo recording; guitar, a couple of mics, headphones or in ear monitors and soon you are stepping on, over and around cables. I played in a trio for a few years where we had a single vocal mic and stepped into it when it was our turn. It was a constant Texas Two Step over instrument cables. The other guitar player and I used a wireless setup. It is a Line6 XDS95 UHF setup bought on close out. It is bigger than these but worked well for our needs. I've 'reversed' how its connected and use in for my in ear monitors. I am considering using something like this for recording.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Jena likes this.
  15. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    I'm getting it tomorrow. It was ordered Saturday.

Jena likes this.
  16. OK ... I knew I wanted a wireless transmitter, but now am solid SOLD on this idea ... my next NGD/ new gear day
    - even if I get tuna salad on fretboard ...
    would be well worth it.

jfassett likes this.
  17. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    OK so they look cool. And fell like quality. I just need to charge them up. And time will tell. ;)

18. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    I really like the guitar system. And it is quality for cheap money.:cool:

19. crossthestyx

crossthestyx Electromatic

Oct 20, 2020
    not here
    Ran across this on youtube. Might be of some help.

GlenP and Jena like this.
  20. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    I got what I wanted and it is great. And I do not need another set.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.