Rowin 2.4G Rechargeable Guitar Wireless Transmitter Receiver System.

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Roy Clark, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    The WS-20 comes in the handy pocket-sized forms of a transmitter and its corresponding receiver. The design makes it very easy to use: simply plug in each unit into your guitar and corresponding amp/pedal chain, each unit will talk to each other and sync up, then you are good to go. Each unit is equipped with red LEDs that indicate whether or not the units have synced correctly. With an impressive 105dB dynamic range at your disposal, crystal-clear sampling at 24Bit/48kHz, and a frequency range spanning 20Hz to 20kHz, you can rest assured that the most subtle of nuances with regard to your performance are captured and transmitted with the utmost fidelity.

Thoughts? I want one and I'm not going to spend over 50 dollars. So I want to try one out.

1. High-quality transmit with 48k-16bit sampling.

2. 2.4G uncompressed transmit.

3. About 30 meters transmit of outdoors.

4. 180° rotatable head, available for most music instruments.

5. Fit for all the electronic music instruments.

6.1100mAh lithium battery,USB port for charging.

7. It is easy to use, plug and play.

8. Support 6 sets of devices working at the same time, one-one.

9. 105DB dynamic range.

10.Material:ABS plastic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

r0de0 and Jena like this.
  2. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    That looks pretty good, I've been looking into those devices too.
    It's sold at walmart (and many others) and seems to have lots of good reviews.

But I wonder if it fits in a Strat jack?

Jena and ishtar like this.
  3. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    I just read some reviews and questions about these on amazon. 54% of buyers gave them 5 stars which is great but a lot of others had many complaints. You'll just have to see if they work for you, buy from a vendor with easy returns..

4. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    They should? And I just want something cheap and no I will not return them. They are for home use only. And I love rose gold plate.

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I would never think that would be a problem , I'd be more cautious and hesitant with the jack on a Stratocaster

wabash slim likes this.
  6. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    That confuses me a bit , 6 at one time . 1 in the guitar , 1 in the amp - whats with the other 5 sets of the transmitter / receivers . Diagram is confusing too . It just shows separate guitars to separate amps . Is is supporting 6 guitars into 6 amps or 6 guitars into 1 mixing board ?

Attached Files:

7. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    I do not know?

thunder58 likes this.
  8. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin, US
    Each device would be one pairing. It just replaces cable, each on their own channel so yes to both; 6 devices into 6 amps or 6 devices into one mixing board. I'm not sure 6 receivers would physically fit on a board at the same time however.

Jena and thunder58 like this.
  9. I have a similar set from another brand. There are times it works well, and for one that dislikes cable and cable clutter it was welcome. But here have been times it lets ya down. It works in any of my standard electric guitars with passive pickups. It works in my takamine which has a 9volt preamp, but it doesnt work well in my wife’s tenor which has a Baggs pickup inside that has a battery. It makes this odd hum. I fully charge them, but have had times that one started to die on me after an hour. Not sure if different surroundings drains the batteries faster. So at home i use cables. Small gigs with little space i will take them, but always have a back up.

Jena likes this.
  10. Londoner

Londoner Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    UK
    The Rowin look similar to the Ammoons I bought last year off Amazon.
    Maybe all from the same Chinese factory albeit with different casing? Although I just noticed the Rowins are different at 2.4 GHz.
    I was originally thinking of going for the Boss system, but before paying out the cash I wanted to see if I could find similar cheaper.
    Looking on eBay, I found these 2.4GHz cheap ones £15! (photo top), and thought I'd give them a try.
    Not impressed. Sucked all the tone away, lost signal just a few yards away, and battery life was just about 2 hours.
    But still interested in getting a cheap wireless system, did some Googling, and decided the different frequency, (5.8GHz as opposed to the 2.4GHz), might give a better performance.
    So at around £40 as opposed to the other set, I ordered a pair.
    What a difference! Yes, there is a slight tone loss, but about the same as using a cheap lead.
    Range was a vast improvement. Walked about 20-30 yards and still working! Battery life much longer too, around 4 hours.
    To answer a previous post, these fit a Strat too.
    As regards to latency, didn't notice any with either set.

(Incidentally, regarding the first set, I complained to the Ebay seller, situated in China, about the poor performance and received a full refund and told me not to bother sending them back!)

IMG_8062.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Jena, Henry, thunder58 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

12. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Imo these devices should have a socket rather than a plug, as the plug design means it is likely the first part to fail and on these devices, that means the whole device is dead. They can then be attached to the strap and you can use any short patch cord that fits your guitar.

Jena, MrWookiee and Randy99CL like this.
  13. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    I have an XVive u2 wireless unit and have been pretty happy with it. I have not used it longer than four hours or so, but you can power the RX unit continuously if that is near a power supply anyway and use an external USB rechargeable battery pack on the TX unit tied to your guitar strap while operating them for longer time, if needed. Lots of cheaper options now from Joyo etc. YMMV I guess.

I think with the multi channels you could put one pair from guitar to pedal board and one from the board to the amp, if needed. I am not sure of the equivalent cable length and the max range of these and if the latency gets worse when daisy chained. If the board and amp are not moving and less than 20’ apart then easy enough to run a cable on that leg.

Very handy to not be tied to a cable with the guitar, especially in the choir section with lots of folks walking around between you and the DI.

I suppose you could have two RX units on the same channel as one TX so you could run into two amps?

thunder58 likes this.
  14. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    I need to research this. :eek:

15. jfassett

jfassett Synchromatic

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    I have a set of those, they are good for the living Room but that's about it. I wouldn't use them onstage, the range isn't great and they do cut out now and then, but for the price and just in the living Room they work just fine

Jena likes this.
  16. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    They're great for home use and going to jam at friends. I have multiple Donner transmitters that I've tried out. They do what they say. The only thing I don't like about them is that you can't sit down on the couch and play them. The unit will be compressed between the cushion and guitar and buttons will be pressed.
    I stand up to play normally anyway so its not a problem.
    So the benefits of not dealing with cables far outweigh the downsides.
    Here are the downsides.
    1. Cheap plastic, flimsy construction. Feels like you're gonna break em just holding them.
    2. Does not allow comfortable playing positions on the couch.
    3. You cannot use these transmitters as the signal chain from your pedal board to your amp. I tried. It doesn't work. Really bummed me out. I hate cables.

Jena and GlenP like this.
  17. Londoner

Londoner Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    UK
    My Ammoons can, I just tried it.
    Also, because they fold, the button is out of harm's way if you sit down. Does stick out a bit though.

IMG_8065.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Jena and thunder58 like this.
  18. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    !!!!!! i may just ahve to try that out now!

When I used my transmitters on my pedalboard to amp, it would cut in and out and have odd audio artifacts. Had something to do with the signal being different and altered from that of coming out of the guitar.

I'm guessing it has to do with the frequency band. These Ammoons are 5.8 GHz. Whereas I think my Donners are UHF / 2.8GHz.

Jena likes this.
  19. Londoner

Londoner Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    UK
    I was just thinking that myself.

Jena and HypotenusLuvTriangle like this.
  20. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    I wonder what the max signal level is at the RX side. If you use a buffer before the TX, does it make any difference? Or should you use a buffer at the RX side before going into the amp? Does it match the impedance from the TX to the RX?

Jena likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.