Room Reverbs.

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
I’m on a hunt for a reverb pedal that does room reverbs. No spring/magnetic/octal/vintage replicas needed, only room.
I always wanted to own a Keeley Abbey Chamber, but nowadays they seems as rare as black diamonds. I couldn’t find one even on Reverb.
Do you guys have a favorite or could you give me some hints?
Thanks!

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
The Keeley Abbey Chamber is my favorite. Keely also makes the 30ms Double Tracker with the built-in Abbey Reverb as well.

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
The Keeley Abbey Chamber is my favorite. Keely also makes the 30ms Double Tracker with the built-in Abbey Reverb as well.
I only saw demos on YouTube, but that would be my choice as well.
I dug the 30ms less (maybe because it’s less versatile reverb wise).
Btw, they’re both untraceable anywhere.
Is there anything similar?

markeebee

Country Gent
Apr 27, 2010
Forever Malcolm Young
Hmmmmm, why? Why not have the extra effects as well? It's not much more complicated, and not much or any different in price, and no different in quality of sound in reality. IMHO.

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
Hmmmmm, why? Why not have the extra effects as well? It's not much more complicated, and not much or any different in price, and no different in quality of sound in reality. IMHO.
Sorry, maybe I haven’t been clear enough. Room reverb quality is what I’m looking for, but if there’s some spring or plate attached it may work as well, but that’s not what I need.
I was checking the Hall of Fame… is it any good?

Lucky Jim

Gretschie
Oct 16, 2020
Kent, England
The Digitech Polara is a multi-reverb pedal that has a decent room setting with parameter controls. It's discontinued now but it's been a popular pedal so there are plenty available. I preferred it to the HoF.

blueruins

Friend of Fred
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
I have a TC Electronic that is very nice. It’s the Nova series I think. Sounds fantastic. The room reverbs are very good. The only downside is it takes 12v and it’s a large pedal.

The Hall of Fame gets much love from some knowledgeable players. TC knows their verbs.

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
I have a TC Electronic that is very nice. It’s the Nova series I think. Sounds fantastic. The room reverbs are very good. The only downside is it takes 12v and it’s a large pedal.

The Hall of Fame gets much love from some knowledgeable players. TC knows their verbs.
Wow, I checked out on the local aftermarket and I found plenty of them Nova Reverb. At a very affordable price. Looks like a good deal, with a very intuitive design.
I don’t really care if it’s 12v and it’s large as I have to run him alone, no other effects.
Thanks man, it may be the answer.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
The best room reverb I’ve ever used is an Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master, which also has some delay available. I recently bought a Stanley FX Abbey Reverb, which is actually a Plate emulation, but sounds fantastic.

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
I've got an old Nanoverb from Alesis. It's not a pedal, but a 1/3 rackspace unit.
Does quite a few different verb types.
Yeah, that may be another way. I was planning to use it on my Nord Electro piano sound. I like it a lot but the earlier versions don’t have reverb on the effect panel, and I’m trying to emulate the real thing (which is on the same room as my keyboard, so I have a first hand sample 🙂)

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
My favorite is the Source Audio Ventris and it even has options on a very user-friendly control panel for the size of the room. The Source Audio Collider also has room reverb, amongst other reverb options, and multiple echo options. Both are pricey with the Ventris at $400.

I know a decent and much more affordable options are the MXR-300 and Electro-Harmonix Oceans12(Oceans 11 even less expensive if you can find it)

Another pricey but awesome option with some additional atmospheric capabilities: ROOMS by Death By Audio

Neunaber
released their newest unit, the Illumine, less about a year ago.....they make great stuff:

twangmanster

Gretschie
Dec 29, 2021
Long Island
I see its been said already, but the Fender Marine Layer does have a switch for "Room". I tried it. Its okay. It just makes less of an echo than the "Hall" switch. If it could be found at a good price used then its worth it. But wouldn't recommend it. But then again, Ive never heard the Kelly pedal so I can't make a comparison.