RIP Ralph Emery

Charles Conner

Gretschie
May 19, 2016
Maryland
OK... Enough is enough, let's go back to the good ole year 2021... RIP Ralph Emery
In the mid 1950's, I used to put my 5 tube AM radio on top of the ice box on Saturday nights, all local AM broadcast stations near the bottom of the am dial would go off the air so you could pick up WSM in Nashville on "clear channel" 650 .... l remember the sound of Ralph Emery's voice

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
OK... Enough is enough, let's go back to the good ole year 2021... RIP Ralph Emery
In the mid 1950's, I used to put my 5 tube AM radio on top of the ice box on Saturday nights, all local AM broadcast stations near the bottom of the am dial would go off the air so you could pick up WSM in Nashville on "clear channel" 650 .... l remember the sound of Ralph Emery's voice
And what a voice it was.

oneforsorrow

Synchromatic
May 15, 2020
Iowa
It's always a bit sad when someone passes but I can't help but also point out how awesome it is to live a life as full as him. Passing away peacefully at the age of 88 after a lifetime of bringing the greatest joy and the healing power of music to so many people ... we should all be so lucky.

I hate that he's gone but I'm so grateful he was here to begin with.

BobbyMac

Electromatic
Mar 13, 2016
Texas Panhandle
I really enjoyed Ralph's hosting on the TNN show "Nashville Now" back in the day. He had just about every upcoming and big time Country star on his show.

It did take me a while to forgive Ralph for his rather cold comments about the Byrds when they appeared at the Grand Ole Opry. He couldn't have been more wrong about them. They chided him over it, however, with their tune "Drug Store Truck Drivin' Man" shortly thereafter.

oneforsorrow

Synchromatic
May 15, 2020
Iowa
I really enjoyed Ralph's hosting on the TNN show "Nashville Now" back in the day. He had just about every upcoming and big time Country star on his show.

It did take me a while to forgive Ralph for his rather cold comments about the Byrds when they appeared at the Grand Ole Opry. He couldn't have been more wrong about them. They chided him over it, however, with their tune "Drug Store Truck Drivin' Man" shortly thereafter.
I forgot about that.