Rickenbacker 325 V59

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Back in Black, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Back in Black

Back in Black Country Gent

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Hey Gang,

This showed on the web site of a small specialty shop in Utah. Considered purchasing it for as long as it took to press the ''buy'' button.

This little gem first appeared in the Ric Catalog in 1984.

I have two copies of the original Rickenbacker ''Vintage Series'' brochure. Along with producing the ''old version'' 325 in natural and black finish, Rickenbacker also introduced the 360 12/V64, the 4001 V63, and the 325 V63.

In the brochure Rickenbacker carefully avoided using the words/names, Beatles, John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, making reference only to ''Liverpool'' and ''Hamburg'' or the fact that all three guitars, although close to being ''correct'' were in fact not correct at all to the specific models that John/George/Paul, played during the early years of the Beatles career.

The ''V'' series followed the ''B'' series, which were produced for a very short period of time during the early 1980's. The ''B'' series had all kinds of design discrepancies and inaccuracies.

I now have three of the four ''Vintage'' series Rics, produced during the 1980's period, along with the ''still not quite correct'' 325 C58.

The ''V'' series was permanently discontinued prior to the introduction of the more accurate ''C'' series, of which only two of the four remain in production.

I'm anxiously awaiting the 325's arrival on Thursday. This particular guitar, for all intents and purposes, is in ''like new'' , ''unmolested'' condition, as is the case...a lucky find.

Best,

BIB.

325 2.jpg IMG_0225.JPG IMG_0226.JPG

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Waxhead, Jeff67, MIke M and 7 others like this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Congrats , awaiting the follow-up

Back in Black likes this.
  3. Back in Black

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Anxiously awaiting to give one!!

Best,

BIB.

thunder58 likes this.
  4. juks

juks Country Gent

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    Congrats!

5. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Congrats, will be awaiting the official NGD post.

6. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats BIB!

I miss my little 325V59, it was from 1990 iirc.

7. Ashley1983

Ashley1983 Gretschie

Aug 9, 2020
    England
    I am really getting the thirst for a Rickenbacker.
    I had a 330 and I never got on with it I think it may have been the high gain pickups and I didn’t like the neck but it stayed under the bed for a few years then I moved it on. It probably didn’t help I was playing a black face deluxe reverb at the time not the Vox HW1X I play today

but anyway I have been looking into a 360 and I was offered a 660 which I am not sure about as I think it might be hard to move on if I decide too. But anyway the 360 v64 is a guitar I would chew my own foot off for …. For me that’s THE Ricky sound!

8. Back in Black

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Ashley,

360 12V series like mine are getting harder to find, especially in pristine condition.

Suggest purchasing a new 360 12/C series. Check Sweetwater, Dave's, or Andy Babiuk's Fab Gear.

If you're going to purchase any Ric twelve string, I highly recommend purchasing a ''Jangle Box'' pedal as well.

Best,

BIB.

DSCF1325.JPG

9. Ashley1983

Ashley1983 Gretschie

Aug 9, 2020
    England
    10EAFB53-58C3-424E-B8A2-EC792694DC54.jpeg

Thanks BIB

Yes they are getting very hard to find!

I know all about a janglebox i see you’ve got the best one aswell with the red logo rather than the silver! Not sure if that’s a internet tail or if it’s true never heard them side by side

Got the andy babiuk book …..

MIke M likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.