Reveling in my Streamliner G2622.

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by fa57, Jul 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. fa57

fa57 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    NJ
    Great!

2. fa57

fa57 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    NJ
    Which two other two did you get?

3. fa57

fa57 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    NJ
    Nice. Mine is showing loose connection somewhere. Plugged the sound more and more is intermittent. Toggle switch in terms of pick up sound selection seems to be ok though. How is your's holding? Bit disappointed as I've had for two months and did not play it that much.

4. fa57

fa57 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    NJ
    Thank you.
    Little disappointed though. Sound is coming intermittently for about a week now. Seems a loose connection/faulty electronics. Any ideas?

5. fa57

fa57 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    NJ
    Thank you. I am in New Milford.
    Any good techs you'd recommend? I've had it for two months and the sound for about a week comes intermittently. The problem is getting worse. The other evening, except for a few seconds in the beginning, there was no sound.

thunder58 likes this.
  6. fa57

fa57 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    NJ
    Thank you.

7. fa57

fa57 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    NJ
    audept likes this.
  8. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Hey , you're not too far from me . My guy is in Blauvelt , N.Y. ( borders Orangeburg / Pearl River ) Al Anzalone of Anzalone Guitars .( facebook his info , if no luck send me an email through the forum )

9. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I'm actually in Tappan

10. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Country Gent

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    A 5422 and a 6119. Then a Sundown Seranade, just for fun.

GlenP likes this.
  11. fa57

fa57 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    NJ
    Thank you. Found his website.

thunder58 and GlenP like this.
  12. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Great !

13. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin
    I modded my 2622 to fit my tastes but had it about 6 months before I did that. I don't have any tuning issues but I use Nut Sauce as an insurance for that. Sounds like you have a warranty issue with the output circuit. does your seller handle warranty work?

14. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Welcome!

It sounds like you've got a bad solder joint somewhere. If you bought your guitar new, it should still be under warranty. Any Gretsch dealer with a good tech on site should be able to fix the issue free of charge.

As for the 2622T: most tuning problems are caused by the nut or the tension bar on the Bigsby. Both issues are easily fixed. If your strings go sharp after using the Bigsby, then your strings are probably getting stuck in the nut. A skilled guitar tech can solve that problem in about five minutes by filing the nut slots. (If you don't have experience with nut work, take the guitar to a good tech. I do a lot of my own work on my guitars, but nut work requires special files and a lot of skill and experience.)

If your strings go flat after you use the Bigsby, then they're most likely getting stuck at the bridge. In that case, the problem is usually that the Bigsby tension bar is putting too much downward pressure on the strings behind the bridge, causing them to bind. The solution is to restring your guitar and run the strings overtop of the tension bar. If that leaves you with a string break angle that's too shallow, you may find that you're lacking sustain or your strings are popping out of the bridge saddles. In that case, you can replace the Bigsby tension bar with a Brick's BiggsFix. It gives you a better break angle and rolls more smoothly.

Another possibility: instead of buying a 2622T, you can just add a Bigsby B6C to your existing guitar. Combine it with a Towner Down Tension Bar and you'll have a setup that looks great and plays very well.

15. 850special

850special Electromatic

May 1, 2018
    PA
    I had slight tuning issues on my G2622T, so I did the following and it now sounds great.

1. New bone nut, cut correctly!
    2. BiggsFix (search it up here)
    3. New tuners (Grover 18:1 NON locking)
    4. Step up to 11s
    5. Tru Arc bridge

Best/cheapest thing to do first is a new nut made of bone and cut by a pro.

16. Footsore

Footsore Electromatic

Nov 29, 2019
    Australia
    Mine is fine but sounds like you might have a faulty output jack. Cheaper hardware is always a bit of a worry on a semi hollow. I'd return it and ask them to repair or replace.

17. NickGretsch

NickGretsch Synchromatic

Aug 30, 2011
    Cornwall, England
    Looks good.

I have a G5430T TVJ and to honest tuning hasn’t been a headache, even when gigging it. Also string changes aren’t really difficult.

I’d go a Bigsby model, they’re a lot of fun

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.