Removing Decal On Back Of Headstock?

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Bounty Hunter, May 20, 2010.

1. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    See I don’t go out much these days!

2. Skydog

Skydog Gretschie

Dec 19, 2014
    Indiana
    This is what happens when 11 year old threads get resurrected!

jfassett and Ricochet like this.
  3. Jimmy Mongo

Jimmy Mongo Electromatic

Dec 24, 2019
    Vermont
    I have an Ibanez with one of those recycle decals ( the CE and the garbage can) on the back of the headstock that I was planning on taking off, it just makes the guitar look cheap and serves no purpose imo. The issue is the varnish... but it is on the back of the headstock so that's kinda a plus. I was toying with the idea of putting a small laminate over it that you can make into a cool design and personalize if you were not selling it. Maybe that's an option? If you have a friend who is good at scribing then you could really customize it and you might start a trend. You should also be able to remove it like a pick guard and reaplace it without damaging the finish. ;) Rear peghead custom laminates might actually be something. hmmm

4. Marko60

Marko60 Gretschie

Mar 26, 2021
    Yorkshire, England
    I was asking myself the same thing. Considering the eagerness of Gibson to sue any one who makes a guitar similar to them, it seems somewhat unethical of them to build a strat that is an out and out copy of a Fender!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.