Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Rank Your Pedals

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Fjrabon, May 16, 2017.

1. Dead Roman

Dead Roman Country Gent

Dec 22, 2015
    Texas
    Line 6 helix #1

chairman likes this.
  2. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

That tuner is actually also the wireless base for my Shire GLX-D16 wireless system. GREAT wireless and a KILLER tuner in one...!

LivingMyDream likes this.
  3. toddfan

toddfan Gretschie

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas
    "Shire"???....I bet you just had to "hobbit". :p

MTurner, Henry and TSims1 like this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

LOL!!

6. Byron

Byron Gretschie

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    Recently discovered how useful a compressor can be. I think mines called Byang or something...cheap thing. It just provides an easy fix for getting rhythm strumming and solos balanced without jumping on another pedal. Feet too big and wobbly for that.
    Damn you lizardking, you keep mentioning that Wampler delta pedal and I'm still pondering that. Bought an ehx soul food recently. Great pedal for overdrive that isn't too obvious

7. dlew919

dlew919 Gretschie

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    'Troll' of the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTurner, toddfan and TSims1 like this.
  8. dlew919

dlew919 Gretschie

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    T1. Any envelope filter. I use a q-from on my main board and a boss aw3 on my little board.
    2) blues driver. For me the best overdrive.
    3) boss dm2.1 delay.

T2. Compressor. Wah. Digital delay.

T3. Flanger phaser chorus. Distortion. Fuzz

T4 (use but rarely) pitch shifter

T5. (Still looking for use) acoustic simulator, looper, tubescreamer (these pedals will get promoted once I learn them properly)

9. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    T1: Mystery Brain; Origin Compressor CD

T1A (irreplaceable, but rarely used, won't sell unless despreate): Tru-Tron 3X - fun and impractical, it's already kind of a collector item and worth more than I paid (which was a lot to begin with).

T2: Strymon Flint

T5: Ethos Overdrive

10. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Gretschie

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    IMG_0514.JPG
    @Fjrabon I, like you, have a VOX AC15C1.
    Trying to find the right OD that pairs well with this amp was a task, but I have found the perfect match... Fulltone OCD, hands down, all day long. Very touch sensitive. Growls like noone's business.
    The Xotic SP compressor is on pretty much all the time. Playing without a compressor for a while after my Dynacomp died taught me how to better regulate pick attack, but I missed it when it was gone. The SP is simple like the Dyna, but more tweakable, and much better quality.
    The VOX footswitch is an absolute must in order to get everything out of this amp that it has to offer.
    While I'm on that note, no pun intended, the Whirlwind Selector ABY switch is probably the best one of its kind. Dead silent switching. LED's show you which output(s) is (are) selected. Both channels at the same time gives a noticeable boost in volume, more than subtle.
    The Hardwire DL8 delay/looper (20 seconds) is super reliable, but no dotted eighth option, and has tap tempo, but no external tap switch option (setting time is a little clunky). If it died, I would probably get something along the lines of a DD5 or 7 with the external footswitch.
    Ernie Ball VPJR works decent until the string breaks (grrr). Looking for a better alternative.
    TC Electronic Hall of Fame reverb is pretty sweet with lots of goodies in there. I use a downloaded wet/delayed setting with the volume pedal for swells. Very ambient.
    Boss TU-2 tuner is rock solid, and an absolute necessity, but I might try something else if it stops working.
    All powered by a OneSpot wall wart daisy chained together. Very reliable power source.
    Oops, almost forgot the EHX Crayon. Super transparent, 2 band EQ, used for my first stage gain, and stacks well with the OCD for added boost.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  11. JimmyB1982

JimmyB1982 Country Gent

Jul 5, 2012
    Saugus, CA
    Thanks! Delay and dirt are my jams.. hahaha. I like rock'n'roll, but sometimes making soundscapes with the Ditto looper is REALLY fun and gets me thinking about the fretboard differently :)

12. JimmyB1982

JimmyB1982 Country Gent

Jul 5, 2012
    Saugus, CA
    What settings and functions do you use most on the Slate/EXP? Seems like a lot of P&W guys tend to stick to the reverbs, how about you?

TSims1 likes this.
  13. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

It's loaded entirely with reverbs. Lol.

JimmyB1982 likes this.
  14. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I use all my pedals except my volume pedal. Probably will remove that soon and maybe add a fuzz or another drive of some sort.

15. Zeek

Zeek Electromatic

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    The 720 is my first looper and opened up a whole new world for me and my guitar. 20170517_092327.jpg

JimmyB1982 likes this.
  16. Fjrabon

Fjrabon Gretschie

Mar 7, 2017
    Atlanta
    Interesting. I have the footswitch for the ac15c1, but I don't use it. Basically I set reverb for the room and just leave it there at all times (usually around 2 or 3). Anytime I might use tremolo I end up using the Lester g instead. Expression pedal controlled speed for your mod effects is hard to part with once you've gotten used to it.

Fulltone in general seems to really work well with AC15s. My FD2M is the only tube screamer inspired pedal I've found that works well with mine. I've thought about an OCD, but I suppose I just use the Friedman BE OD for anything I'd use the OCD for. But yeah, I've been tempted by the OCD several times.

rockinforJesus likes this.
  17. Mag3

Mag3 Gretschie

Nov 22, 2016
    Massachusetts
    I have the 720 as well and agree that it is a great pedal. It has a lot of nice features and is very well built.

18. Phil Golding

Phil Golding Electromatic

May 19, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I only have four...

1) Zoom 508 delay, programmed with 'Sound of The Shadows' patches. For my Shads/Surf sound, when using my Strat (also programmed with a 50's 'slapback', for Rockabilly)

2) MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay, again, for that 50's 'slapback'

3) Jim Dunlop Mini Fuzz-Face, for Link Wray/Paul Burlison fuzz

4) A cheap volume pedal.

19. DrumBob

DrumBob Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    New Jersey
    I would be sad if I lost the J. Rockett Archer Klon klone. And i would hate it if I didn't have my Danelectrto Back Talk. They're collectible and going for decent money these days. The third would be my Jangle Box compressor.