R.I.P. Meatloaf

mrfixitmi

Country Gent
Mar 20, 2010
Michigan
R.I.P., thanks for the great music and entertainment to get me through my teenage years.
This is a big loss, for someone who was really a humble old soul.

rockymtnguitar

Gretschie
Jan 22, 2019
Colorado
Truly one of my favorite rock artists. When friends asked me why I enjoyed his music, the best way I could phrase it was that to me, it exemplified rock-n-roll: over-the-top delivery, amazing storytelling and imagery, poetic verbalization of teen-aged angst (Jim Steinman), and complete commitment. Anything that needed to be done twice was done three times.

Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Thanks, Meat Loaf, for so much rock.

OzzPocket

Synchromatic
Aug 11, 2020
NYS
My sister informed me of this, this morning......I didn't really follow him musically, but certainly was familiar with a few tracks from "Bat Out of Hell".....but, thought he seemed like a nice enough guy....and will forever remember his role in "Fight Club"...lol......RIP MeatLoaf.

loudnlousy

Gretschified
Oct 18, 2015
Germany
Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman were a big part of the soundtrack of my youth.
(I had my earliest copy of Bat out of hell even before I begun learning the guitar. Must be in the late seventies when I used to play the piano. I still got a vinyl picture disc of Bat out of hell!)
Their music was so exaggerated bombastic and kitschy. It was brilliant and timeless stuff.

The man was obviously not only a great performer (as a musician and as an actor) but a very nice person, too.
(Btw.: Did you know that Scott Ian (from Anthrax) is the husband to Meat`s beautiful daughter Pearl (yes, the singer)?)

Rest in peace and sent my greetings to Jim. You will be missed.

Waxhead

Friend of Fred
Aug 30, 2014
Australia
I just heard that Meatloaf ( Michael Lee Aday ) passed away yesterday at 74 yrs young . His family was by his side and had a chance to say their goodbyes .
R.I.P. Meatloaf and thank you for one of the greatest albums of all time .

True Rich and I rate Bat out of Hell #2 just as great.
So that's 2 of the greatest albums of all time for me.

RIP for the big guy with the big voice

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
RIP Sir.

143465427_263851601764906_89680679996102765_n.jpg.540x540_q85_autocrop.jpg

http://gretschpages.com/media/img/f...80679996102765_n.jpg.540x540_q85_autocrop.jpg

MrWookiee

Country Gent
Jun 17, 2020
SoCal, USA
Meat Loaf's passing has a friend and me wondering whether the thing Meat (or was it Steinman?) wouldn't do for love was the same "that" that Darryl Hall and John Oates couldn't go for.

Shock

Gretschie
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
My wife is 10 years younger than me. So she had never listened to Meatloaf, and didn't know about Bat out of Hell. She would have been about 6 when it came out. But my being 16, I was pretty familiar with it, to say the least. So I found it fascinating watching her discover it. So we will remember him in our house. RIP.

It is wrong he is not in the RnR Hall of Fame.

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
I didn't know that Todd Rundgren produced this LP.

523c759da1287_26865b.jpg
Cool story too as they recorded the album in an old house that he swears was haunted. I forget where I saw this but it was some documentary the past 10 years. It might've actually have been on a show where the psychic/empath works works with celebrities to make sense of hauntings they experienced that they never quite forgot or still bothers them.

Gone to soon and may he rest in peace. I have the "Bat Out Of Hell" album on 8-track tape.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Cool story too as they recorded the album in an old house that he swears was haunted. I forget where I saw this but it was some documentary the past 10 years. It might've actually have been on a show where the psychic/empath works works with celebrities to make sense of hauntings they experienced that they never quite forgot or still bothers them.
I get the feeling that Meatloaf was adept at spinning some tall tales. He was interesting and entertaining, but I wouldn’t take everything he said at face value.

Gone to soon and may he rest in peace. I have the "Bat Out Of Hell" album on 8-track tape.
They got this new thing now, called cassettes. You should consider upgrading. :)

Seriously, I had a number of 8 Tracks in my day. My next step was cassettes, then CDs. I still buy CDs whenever possible, but I always rip them to iTunes format and do all of my listening from either my iPhone or my iPad. I have a tube-driven stereo amp with a Bluetooth interface and use that for home listening.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
In spite of his public image, he seemed humble
He coached a ( daughter ) girls softball team in Connecticut not too far from me . Small town out of the way as he did not want all the publicity . just wanted a piece of Small Town U.S.A. for his family

Latest posts