Question: Reverb seller “offer rejection” protocol

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by radd, Sep 21, 2021.

1. GVDobler

GVDobler Synchromatic

May 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    You would not want to have an offer last more than 24 hours. Most of us are impulse buyers. I would not want to finally buy something and then have another seller accept an offer I make last week.

Henry likes this.
  2. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    If it's a product you really really want you don't nickel and dime them by making an offer just below the listing price; you just hit the BUY NOW button! Personally I would find an offer that is over 95% of my listing price mildly annoying especially when we are talking about what are essentially luxury products, but would try really really hard not to let it get to me - helped by ignoring the offer and not feeling obligated to "politely" respond to a "petty" offer.

Craig Encinitas likes this.
  3. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    In addition, I am pretty sure you can revoke the offer at any time before the seller accepts it. Even then, as we have heard here, buyers are not actually obligated to pay on an accepted offer though there may be negative consequences as far as reviews on the buyer.

Craig Encinitas likes this.
  4. lousy13

lousy13 Electromatic

Feb 11, 2013
    Colorado
    I always respond. Why not? I get low ball offers all the time it's just the nature of the game not a personal thing.

Craig Encinitas and oneforsorrow like this.
  5. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    If I don't get a response, I am ok with that. I don't waste my time speculating why they did not respond. I don't feel that I am trying to low ball, but a fair offer needs to be mutual. I have several instances that the offer expired, and I found another seller who accepted the offer.

You asked a great question, and since you are not assuming that the lack of response was vindictive, if it was meant to be you will find another similar or better deal. In those cases of no response I assume that good things come to those who wait, and typically that has been true.

Good luck my friend.

6. Craig Encinitas

Craig Encinitas Gretschie

May 3, 2021
    Encinitas, Ca
    I agree in regards to the thread subject.

My situation (not directly related)…
    because the seller was local, I sent a message before making an offer.

Question was basically, “I am interested, but live near you. Can we forego shipping and I’ll pick this up?”

Anyways…everything worked out fine.
    And got a deal.

7. GreTschocaster

GreTschocaster Synchromatic

Feb 11, 2013
    Canada
    While it would be nice if the seller responded to my offer, I never expected a reply.

8. birddog

birddog Electromatic

Apr 12, 2016
    NC
    The relationship is transactional, not personal. I am not bothered if someone does not respond to an offer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.