Pyramid Plain/Unwound Strings

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by ZackyDog, Sep 15, 2020.

1. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    I don't work for this company, but there is definitely something special about German steel, silver-plated strings. They have a certain richness and brilliance that the more prevalent, Swedish steel, tin-plated (SSTP) strings don't have. To me, they only improve your tone. Just for kicks, I put on some SSTP strings last night, and noticed an audible difference.

pyramid.png

If you want to try them, you can purchase them here.

If you buy a set of these, they are automatically included in the string set.

[​IMG]
    upload_2020-9-15_14-2-45.jpeg [​IMG][​IMG]

Just some examples above.

Scott, MikeSchindler and emitex like this.
  2. emitex

emitex Synchromatic

Aug 21, 2014
    NYC
    Big fan of Pyramid Gold Flatwounds. They never disappoint. I tried TI's at one point, but went back to Pyramids, more because of feel than for quality. TI's quality are excellent also. Pyramids changed from hex to round core. I really liked the hex best, but think they discontinued them. Pyramids for me just nail the sound I'm looking for. :- )

ZackyDog likes this.
  3. afire

afire Country Gent

I have a set of nickel classics on my Country Gent. I like them. Not sure if I like them enough to keep shelling out for them, but maybe.

4. Scott

Scott Country Gent

Jun 27, 2008
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Pyramids are the only flats I'll use. And I've tried T-Is...just don't appreciate 'em as much as everyone else here, I guess.

ZackyDog likes this.
  5. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Gretschie

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    I know from nothing about strings yet, but after breaking one of the original strings on my G2627T last week I replaced the the set with #11 Classic Power Slinkys (model 2250) chosen more or less at random. The tone is definitely more lively than before, which is cool and fun since I'm not after a particular tone/voice just yet. They are round pure-nickel wrapped over plated steel hex cores, and were dirt cheap.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.