PYRAMID Nickel Classics Handpolished

Discussion in 'Guitar & Gear Reviews' started by Stefan, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Wow...
    2C540584-9CDB-4704-9E10-C44218FE7081.jpeg
    ...simply wow!
    The round german steel core with it‘s 99.2% pure nickel wire in the handpolished studio version- handmade in germany the traditional way:
    • Less til none string noise
    • superb intonation since there are no defects in the wire
    And that sweet mellow vintage tone!
    Those strings are loud and mighty with an incredible long sustain, wonderful overtones and clarity. Mighty basses and silky heights.
    I‘m blown away!

The handpolishing generates a more rough surface, the opposite what I‘ve expected. After you get used to it it‘s a dream to play. The perfect intonation is a pleasure to hear and the nearly complete reduced string noise make all the tiny dynamic notes hearable. Simply wonderful. I‘ve never got such a detailled guitar tone before.

2. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Enjoy!

The plain strings are unique too: German steel with silver plating.

[​IMG]

Stefan likes this.
  3. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Yessir. And they sound also great!

ZackyDog likes this.
  4. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    I've always used Pyramid flat wounds - never even considered using their round wound strings. I guess I'm gonna have to try them now. Gee thanks a lot more money gone...:D.

5. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Synchromatic

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
    Those were the first strings I tried when I switched from Chromes. I loved them! The wrap came off around on my wound 3rd around the 12th fret but I kept them on the guitar for some time anyway. I would've kept on with them except for that. I just loved the sound and feel of those.

ZackyDog likes this.
  6. Scott

Scott Country Gent

Jun 27, 2008
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I used flats for 3 or 4 years. Everybody touted the Thomastik-Infeld brand, but I always preferred the Pyramid brand much more. Even though the D string seemed a little stiff at times, they still sounded better and felt better than the T-Is(I actually opened a coupla packs of T-Is to find plain strings with rust spots on them!)

Never experienced their round wound strings unfortunately, but if I ever go back to flats that'll be the brand I go for.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.