Proud Dad Crows on Turkey Day

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by MisterKim, Nov 25, 2021.

1. MisterKim

MisterKim Electromatic

Sep 2, 2021
    Redmond, WA
    Blatant Thanksgiving Day brag follows...

My daughter is amazing. She's been quietly successful in her chosen field of work/profession and then, just two years ago, she picked up the guitar (Strat) for the first time (mostly I think because she saw her then-roommate having so much fun) -- and joined a NYC alt/grunge/garage band. I'm thinking that those several years of piano lessons that she seemed to hate so much back then paid off a little.

She moved back to Seattle in summer of 2020 (happy parent sounds) and has been tinkering with making/producing music at home while working remotely full-time since. Now, she's released her first song to the streaming channels!

The other day, she just shared an article about her/it. It's glowingly positive. She is working with a PR person to get some coverage, but she was still gobsmacked by the response -- but quite happy. To say the least. LOL. Also: The article included all the lyrics! Useful for us old folks to "sing along."

Local radio station KEXP featured the song on the day it landed and apparently will highlight it in its "Song of the Day" podcast in the near future! Another song is coming next month and an EP is on tap for the spring! It's weird to think she just started playing guitar in summer of 2019, joined a startup band, and now, this. LOL. My daughter is relentlessly creative!

Spotify link and lyrics for the song embedded in this article:
    https://atwoodmagazine.com/sldy-sea-lemon-sunday-song.../

Short interview:
    https://mundanemag.com/sea-lemon-shares-single-music-video-sunday-debut-ep-out-2022/

YouTube video:

2. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    I see why you’re a very proud Dad. Have a great Thanksgiving Day!

3. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Great job! Maybe she could get a spot on the local TV show Band in Seattle.

4. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    You have every right to crow. Congrats to your daughter on her achievements, may her credentials continue to grow.

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Congratulations and stand proud

6. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Great dream pop sounds. Congrats to her and her proud papa!

I love her description of the music, which sums up the song very well: "I think I’d describe my sound as glittery dream pop good for rolling the windows in the car down, enjoying a late summer day while sipping on an XL-sized cherry slushee from nearby 7-11 as you drive to nowhere."

MisterKim likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.