Proud and same time sad day

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Congrats! Every Rose has its Thorn.

But, yeah, kids are like Boomerangs, they come back every now and then. Or at least you can meet up for vacations once in a while.

Jelly Roll Horton

Country Gent
Nov 10, 2017
Portland, OR
It’s hard to let ‘em go, knowing they will have life experiences that will likely be, and should be, totally different from yours. Once I accepted that reality for my two daughters (single parent for their teen years), it freed me to step back and watch them blossom into productive, successful adults. Have faith in your children and yourself and your efforts to raise them right. The rewards will come. and they are great.

Last edited:

Jelly Roll Horton

Country Gent
Nov 10, 2017
Portland, OR
Well done dad.

Both mine left for over a decade, then each came back.

My oldest girl left for 12 years, undergrad, med school at North Western in Chicago and residency in Denver but fortunately she returned home to Santa Cruz for her first medical practice and has stayed and built a family. Her family and radwife and I all live together

My youngest daughter left for close to 12 years also, undergrad at Berkeley, San Francisco fire medic for 5 years, got vested, then grad school at Duke, then her first Physician Assistant position in San Diego for a year. She returned home and practices in the same building with her sister and has her own family. They live less than a mile away.

I feel blessed, It pays to marry someone smarter than yourself:)
You’re lucky to have them close. My family -everyone- is scattered all over the western US, from San Fran., to Ketchum, ID, to Bozeman, MT, & to Santa Cruz and LA. And that’s only half of ‘em. :confused: