Join Gretsch-Talk Today

For Sale/Trade PRICE REDUCTION: 2013 Gretsch Black Phoenix

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by dilver, Jun 4, 2017.

1. dilver

dilver Country Gent

Feb 16, 2009
    NJ
    Guitar - I may just have found the right Les Paul. Why? Got something interesting?

2. Diggey

Diggey Gretschie

Jul 27, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Nothing that fit you wanted list. I have a Vintage 47 VA-185...... But it isn't old deluxe so figured you wouldn't be interested. Great little amp. I also have that SSL Setzer....... And a like new Golden Era Annie 6118t-1960 with the HiLos..... Any interest?

3. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    hey Dilver - you'd trade that Pheonix for a Les Paul - seriously ..............really ???

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. dilver

dilver Country Gent

Feb 16, 2009
    NJ
    Thanks, Diggey. But I have my sights set on something else.

Waxhead, I may very well regret this, but maybe not. I'll find out tomorrow... :eek:

6. dilver

dilver Country Gent

Feb 16, 2009
    NJ
    Well, that sucked. Drove two and a half hours for the dude not to show up and then text me that he got cold feet. What a waste of time. I won't sink to the level of naming this person but I will say this: he's selling a 2006 Les Paul '57 Goldtop Reissue with a chipped nut. BEWARE - this guy is not the kind of person I'd want any of my friends dealing with.

Phoenix is back up for sale or trade.

7. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Country Gent

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    I can see how that could really pee you off!

Maybe it's a sign.......keep the Gretsch......you must keep the Gretsch.....(subliminal message).

Henry and dilver like this.
  8. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    So, what kind of Les Pauls are we talking?

9. dilver

dilver Country Gent

Feb 16, 2009
    NJ
    Looking for an R7 Goldtop, fat neck, low miles. No 2012's.

Or, a 2016 Les Paul Standard T, in trans amber finish.

10. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    Ah well, I tried haha good luck, bud

11. dilver

dilver Country Gent

Feb 16, 2009
    NJ
    Price reduction: $2,300.00 PP'd/shipped. $2,200, if you're willing to come get it in NJ or NYC. C'mon, guys - it's amazing and you won't be disappointed. I just really want an R7.

12. dilver

dilver Country Gent

Feb 16, 2009
    NJ
    No Phoenix love?

13. WannaGretsch

WannaGretsch Gretschie

Oct 23, 2012
    ALASKA
    An R7 over this Pheonix? I think I am going to be sick!! LOL! This is a bad idea man, BUT I do understand the madness within that creates the voices that cause these momentary lapses. Someone just needs to wrap you in a strait jacket and serve you top notch coffee until you sober up!!

Seriously good luck on the sale, she's a beaut!!!

dilver likes this.
  14. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    Plenty of Phoenix love, not plenty of Phoenix money haha

15. T Bone

T Bone Gretschie

Same here, gassing for a Phoenix, but timing is just off for me. Would also love an R7 Gold Top, so I understand your move. Best of luck!

slimwilson likes this.
  16. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Crazy how stuff isn't moving at fair prices anymore. Be patient, someone will come along that recognizes this is a great deal for an amazing guitar.

dilver likes this.
  17. dilver

dilver Country Gent

Feb 16, 2009
    NJ
    Thanks, Tony. I think the price is fair considering it's in like new condition, and it's got the Setzer Sig bridge pickup. Other than me gassing for a good Goldtop, I'm in no rush. Unless someone's got a crazy good deal on an R7!

TSims1 likes this.
  18. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I think so too, and so will whoever is smart enough to buy this. ;)

dilver likes this.
  19. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    I'm with ya. Bout the only other hollowbody I want. This price is too good to pass up if the money was there

T Bone and dilver like this.
  20. dilver

dilver Country Gent

Feb 16, 2009
    NJ
    C'mon Gretsch Talk, lets get this puppy sold! I know it's a buyers market right now, but I can't go any lower than this price and looking at what else is out there right now, this is still a helluva deal for a perfect condition Phoenix.

I have a lot of guitars, take care of my instruments and can tell you with great confidence that whoever gets this won't be disappointed. Watch and listen to the Wildwood Guitars video - its this very guitar. You can hear what this guitar is capable of (love Greg Koch's playing) and you can tell he's really enjoying playing it.

Some folks who were not really familiar with Gretsch seemed slightly concerned by the fact that I changed the bridge pickup to the TV Jones Brian Setzer Signature pickup ("well, it's not original"). I don't get this. As of 2015, this guitar comes with the Setzer Signature pickups stock, so essentially I just brought one of the pickups up to current spec. That said, if it really bothers you, I can switch it back to the original TV Jones Classic Bridge pickup. Your choice.

21. mbkri

mbkri Gretschie

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Bump
    This is the kind of deal that gets me into trouble when I have money in the bank. Gorgeous guitar at a great price.
    Good luck Dilver.

dilver likes this.